Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Buying teaching material in New York     

Buying teaching material in New York

robinbaby
France

Buying teaching material in New York

Hi I �m currently on holidays in New York. I know I �m really lucky! I �d like to buy some teaching material (cards, dice...) that US teachers or parents use with American kids to use with my esl pupils. I already have that sort of material from the UK (from The Works for example) Do you have any addresses and/or titles to offer? Thanks in advance. C�line

14 Apr 2016      

LittleSunshine11
Germany

Whenever I �m in the US I love going to as many thrift stores as possible and looking in the "games" section. Taboo, Boggle, First Words etc. for a very low price! Maybe try that too.

Have a great holiday!

14 Apr 2016     

yanogator
United States

If you buy games in a thrift store, though, be sure to open the box and check that the whole game is there.

Bruce 

14 Apr 2016     

Kr�mel
Germany

Dear friends,
I am planning to go to the US in summer. But excuse my question: What is a thrift store?

Ines

14 Apr 2016     

yanogator
United States

A thrift store is a store that sells only used items. The stores are often operated by charitable organizations (Goodwill, The St. Vincent de Paul Society, churches, etc.), and the items they sell are usually donated. I would say that most of them (in my experience) sell about 80% clothes, and the rest is just about anything. It takes time to look through the things, trying to find what you need, but you can often find nearly-new items for a very low price. For a craft I wanted to do, I recently bought $15-$50 silk neckties for $0.49 and $0.69 each.

Where will you be in the US, Ines? We have a large German population here in Cincinnati.

Bruce 

14 Apr 2016     

Jayho
Australia

I absolutely LOVE thrift stores - I buy games and puzzles from them for my classes. Sometimes, the games haven �t even been used.

14 Apr 2016     

douglas
United States

I would also suggest going to bookstores (e.g. Barnes and Noble),.

Cheers,
Douglas

15 Apr 2016     

robinbaby
France

Thanks a lot. I �ll make sure to follow all your wise suggestions.

15 Apr 2016