Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Suitable activities for and English club (Kindergarten level)    

Suitable activities for and English club (Kindergarten level)

Purslane
Chile

Suitable activities for and English club (Kindergarten level)

I was asked to make up an English Club with young beginners and I need some insight regarding the activities I should use. This is an extra curricular activity  so I don´t want it to be an extension of the regular classes. Can you please help me ? What activities  do you plan for an English club?
Thanks in advance!! 

20 Apr 2016      

aahz
Taiwan

I suggest you should download a few of the fun worksheets that involve specific sets of vocabulary.
Occupations is a good one to start with. One user posted a whole series of like 5 different printables that are a great way to begin a good discussion and get students talking. While they �re learning/reviewing occupations, you also have them act them out, play various games like unscramble words, hangman, ask them what they want to be, etc. I �d suggest beginning each lesson with a 1 minute quick write. Things as simple as "name as many jobs as you can". There are some good songs about various jobs you can always find and use. 
Always have a few extra word searches, fun worksheets, pictures to color, or other things for the students to do; try to get stuff you can do on quarter sheets of paper so you can make lots of copies cheaply and also use only like 5 minutes per activity as breakers between things.  
I try to start off class with a simple song that we can learn together. "Don �t worry, be happy", "Lion Sleeps Tonight".
A good exercise/song to do early is; "Heads stomach knees toes ears eyes mouth nose". 
GL. :D 

20 Apr 2016     

zumi
Spain

I would read/tell them a story (e.g. Winnie the witch or The Elephant and the Bad Baby) and then propose games related with the story, or make handicraft (for winnie the witch you can make great wooden spoon puppets : http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/wooden-spoon-witch-puppet
I adapted mine a little so it looked more like Winnie. 
a game we played for Winnie was just Hide and Seek (they pretend to be Wilbur that is hidden and you are winnie and try to find them) or we played with colours: You are a bad witch and you eat children except the ones that are touching an object of the coulour you name, etc. 

21 Apr 2016     

redcamarocruiser
United States

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=868347#thetop has a tutorial with suggestions on how to do an English Club Program.

The document is currently available  for download at  https://app.box.com/s/zrn8ayl98bxl71kohgf2q6svfploq2e7

21 Apr 2016     

Purslane
Chile

Thank you very much indeed! You rock! Everything sounds like real fun!!!

22 Apr 2016