Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Classroom Decorations    

Classroom Decorations

Pablotta
Colombia

Classroom Decorations

Hi Dear Colleagues:

Somel days ago I have been watching some videos on youtube about children education in other countries, and there is something I am curious about.

Please, Could you share ideas about how all of you decorate your classrooms, if you use some specific topics or principals give you the ideas or techniques  to do this work inside your classroom.

For example in my school, the coordinator gives us the command to decorate our classroom, such as: the calendar, the students´ birthday board, the class schedule and the place where the school flag, shield and the anthem are sticked, but sometimes I feel this is boring because every year we do the same thing, and even students don´t pay attention to it through the days, it have become in just a wall with no interesting sense.

I would like to read every comment you have or if you wanna share photos of your classroom, ideas are important to me.

Bye...
A huge from Colombia 

23 Apr 2016      

spied-d-aignel
France

Hi, well  , I have plenty of things in my class, the security comission doesn �t quite agree because in case of fire!:((Well anyway as work I have asked  my pupils to make a small poster to introduce their favourite star,  or a poster  in which they had to choose an animal  in danger of disappearing ang invent a slogan to promote the protection of these endangered species, the younger ones had to make a poster about their favourite country, and the older ones had to make one to present the evils of bullying  and what we should all do to prevent it and help the victims (all with photos and their own drawings). After  correcting and marking them, I put them all  in my classroom, except those against bullying which are in the hall of the shool. They ussually like reading what the others wrote. Hope it helps, have  good Sunday! Sylvie

24 Apr 2016     

Mariethe House
France

I used to privilege children �s work, as Sylvie says. That �s the best way to keep them looking at the decorations. 

Here is a picture of cootie catchers I pinned up the wall in the corridor.
 The pupils had made a cootie catcher on the United Kingdom after a webquest and they decorated it. they were all little works of art! I made a display in the corridor and kids from other classes did look at them, answered the questions and the" artists" were ever so proud!!
Have a look:

Here is another example of what can be done to display children�s work and decorate your room at the same time!! It is on Our lovely member: Victoria labybug�s site:

http://www.orianit2.edu-negev.gov.il/chazonasd/sites/homepage/victoria/page1.htm

24 Apr 2016     

yanogator
United States

By the way, cootie catchers are also called fortune tellers, since they aren �t often used to play the "cootie catching" trick.

Bruce 

24 Apr 2016     

EstherLee76
Peru

At the school where I used to work, we were also required to do the same as in your school Pablo.  During the year, the walls got pretty cluttered.

Now I work in a Montessori school and I like the sparseness of decoration we use there.  I think I helps the children stay more focussed on their work and not on a lot of paraphenalia on the wall.

24 Apr 2016     

Mariethe House
France

Yes Bruce: fortune tellers, cootie catchers, chatterboxes , salt cellars and whirly birds are all different names for a traditionnal origami construction as shown in the video below: Will you try to make one? Wink

24 Apr 2016