Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Photographs    

Photographs

Jannai
Mexico

Photographs

Hello guys!

I just love looking at photographs, I could just do it for hours!!!! And I know a lot of people like doing it too. So I would like to share with you a conversation activity in which students bring their photographs to class and enjoy sharing them with their classmates!!! You can use this activity with tag questions or with vocabulary to describe people. Please check the activity, modify it if necessary and tell me what you think and in case you use it, how it went!

Thanks,

JHF

2 Mar 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

Dear Jannai,
I suggest that you take a look at this:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=5184

2 Mar 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Keeep up the good work Ivona. �Take careClap

2 Mar 2009     

wiostahi
Peru

Hi, working with pictures it is always a "nice thing", �cause it helps and motivates the students to get interested in "others � lives"so the experiences you can get from them and the enthusiasm is really amazing.

I have tried this "game/dynamic" a lot of times, but what do you think about focusing on a topic? I mean not just bring pictures but choosing a topic, in a specific context?
or maybe making a collage.
this would really help (when learning about past tenses):
     * make a project related to their lives, since they were born �till now,
     * bring pictures and stick them on a cardboard or anything similar, and over it also stick tag with some information so the student can use this tags to center their speech...

hope you try it and you like it :)
and thanks for let us know your work :P

2 Mar 2009