Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

almaz
United Kingdom

Word of the Day

Thanks, Mary.

And the new WoD is: 

sossebrangle

Right, folks, what is a sossebrangle? And remember: we don�t want the real meaning*, but rather the whimsical products of your fevered imaginations � the wittier the better.

* it�s a dialect word from the south of England,I believe 

28 Jun 2016      

redcamarocruiser
United States

Sosse brangle -n. brought up by someone who was always �sossed � (sauced, drunk).

(alternative spelling: Sauced up bringling) 

28 Jun 2016     

spinney
United Kingdom

A sossebrangle is a very old kind of Anglo-Saxon sausage or burger that was made with insects and left-over vegetables in times of austerity. It is still eaten in some parts of Northumberland and Durham, as I �m sure Lynne will attest. 

28 Jun 2016     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

sossebrangle archaic English word for those who like brain teasers.

28 Jun 2016     

maryse pey�
France

It was the last message from the Titanic :

S.O.S The Brain Angle means : We are sinking due to the captain �s stubborness...

So this is the state of mind of someone unable to change mind when necessary and unable to take the right decision.

28 Jun 2016     

sarguero
Spain

Sossebrangle = A real mess

"What a sossebrangle I made !!!"     (David Cameron after the Brexit votation results).

28 Jun 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Aye, spinney, back then it wa � tough oop North and I used to eat owt. Now that I am middle class, I eat out. 
Sossebrangle! It �s a drunken romantic encounter between old marrieds, otherwise known as a thrash. 
@sarguero: all too trueCry

29 Jun 2016