Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Memory tricks!    

Memory tricks!

papadeli
Greece

Memory tricks!

Here �s a memory trick for "been to":

"Been" is presented as a pregnant woman, holding a suitcase. She is followed by "to", which sounds like 2; so I draw number two like a swan, a duck or a bird in general. I tell the students that whenever we visit places, we always go sightseeing. Seeing a swan is part of it, that �s what  makes it memorable :  been+to = visited.   

Mykonos is one of the most popular islands in Greece. You can see the pregnant woman, holding a suitcase, looking at a pelican, a bird all tourists talk about when they visit this island. So, the woman closes her eyes, remembers the pelican and  says: "I have been to Greece!"

I hope you find my trick useful. If you are interested in this kind of teaching,  be sure to follow me on  Facebook , English Tricks 4UPinterest or Scoopit and sign up for emails to keep up with all the latest ideas. You might also enjoy some of my posts on my personal page on FB.

Greetings from sunny Greece,

2 Jul 2016      

zoemorosini
United States

I �m a visual learner myself, and love this kind of idea.  I find a lot of my students enjoy learning from drawings as well.  Thank you for a wonderful resource!

Zoe Morosini
USA 

3 Jul 2016     

papadeli
Greece

Apart from being a visual learner, it �s the story behind the picture... Everybody likes stories...

3 Jul 2016     

jasmeen123
India

hii,
if i teach small children i fallow these steps to improve memory power,convert words to pictures,use memory spots,stacking,use rhymes,work specially on names use pictorial storage to remember lists of items.

17 May 2018     

papadeli
Greece

Can I see a sample of your work?

6 Oct 2018