Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Verb to Be    

Verb to Be

sviviana
Portugal

Verb to Be

Dear all

I teach English to small primary children. Thay are in their first steps of L2 andI have to come up with a good and motivating activity to explain them and maken them practice the simple present of the verb to be!
Can anyone help me? I �m open to suggestions!�

Sandra

3 Mar 2009      

macanolo
Spain

I have taught to be to seven years old in many different ways. So I don�t really know what you need just let me know how are they, what they are supposed to reach or so!

3 Mar 2009     

MarianaC
Argentina

You can give each student a paper bag and crayons, and ask them to create a pupet, an imaginary friend. They have to invent its name, so then they can say "Hello, I �m Mary. This is my friend Tom". You will be making them work with two forms of the verb to be (am and is), which as an introduction is enough. then everyone has to say hi to both Mary and Tom.
Hope you like my idea, I �ve done it with little children and it worked well, they really enjoyed it, and they concentrate and stay quiet because they will be showing their new friend to their classmates!
Good luck!

3 Mar 2009     

sviviana
Portugal

Thank you Mariana, I will try that!

3 Mar 2009     

MarianaC
Argentina

Great! Let me know how it worked!

3 Mar 2009