Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Rewards and ESL learners    

Rewards and ESL learners

Baadache
Canada

Rewards and ESL learners

Hello everyone 

I am teaching elementary students in different grades:  3, 4, 5, and 6...I mean ages: 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 years ) and as English as a second language is taught once a week I �m struggling to find excellent rewards to raise my students � motivation .I want to know  what  successful and attractive ideas you have experienced in your ESL classes.

Thank you 

30 Sep 2016      

slkchina
China

I �ve had good luck with stickers. I get them on a sheet and by theme. Boys like rockets, planes, tanks, super heroes while girls like penguins, fluffy things, stars, rainbows. The first to complete get first choice. In case of kids wanting the same sticker, I have them play rock, scissors, paper.

I also went to a teacher store in the US and bought pencils, pencil sharpeners, rubber bracelets, etc to use as gifts or rewards. 

30 Sep 2016     

Baadache
Canada

You are right, nice idea ... thank you very much.

30 Sep 2016     

class centre
Belarus

Mine have the right to choose from small items like sharpeners, stickers, small  toys, stars, marbles etc. after they pass their test  at 90 % or above. They know that if they have a test - it �s good since they will be choosing their favorite stuff. It works absolutely!!!

It only consts me ... But they are very motivated!
Good luck!

1 Oct 2016