Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Try this iPhone quiz app for a fun class warm-up, or just to unwind in your downtime    

Try this iPhone quiz app for a fun class warm-up, or just to unwind in your downtime

kingfant72
Japan

Try this iPhone quiz app for a fun class warm-up, or just to unwind in your downtime

Hey Guys, long time no see. I �m still teaching the good teach, but for the past year or so I �ve been dabbling in iOS app programming. I was going through my old lesson plans on here a few weeks ago and it gave me the idea for my latest app. Now it �s in the app store and I think it would be ideal as a fun warm-up in your ESL classes. You �ll see from the picture it �s a quiz/trivia app in which every answer is a number and you have to guess the exact number using the little math hints provided.

Suggested teaching method: (1) dictate the question & get 1 student to write it on the board (2) pair students up to discuss the q and guess (3) get the students to call out their answers (4) punch in each answer and say, e.g."the answer is higher than 1,200 and lower than 1250" (5) race against the clock as a class to get the answer and climb up the worldwide leader board.

Sounds fun, huh? Just one word of caution: when you get the correct answer you are taken to a screen which gives more background info to the question, and sometimes some related nonsense that is often for more mature audiences (I �ve given the app a 12+ age rating for this reason, but the questions themselves are fine for all ages). If English is your second language, you might find it entertaining/challenging to understand these cheeky asides. Good luck. You can do it!

Anyway, I really reckon this will be useful/fun for you in class, so please don �t mark this as spam. Download, enjoy, & please feel free to comment with any feedback, negative or positive.

The name of the app is SassyFacts and you can find it here: https://appsto.re/jp/5XqKeb.i

30 Sep 2016      

Jayho
Australia

Sounds interesting.

I shall check it out.

Cheers

Jayho

1 Oct 2016     

kingfant72
Japan

Cool, Jayho! Please let me know what you think & tell me how it goes if you choose to use it in class. Cheers

1 Oct 2016     

Jayho
Australia

I �m impressed. Great job!

My next intake starts next week so I �ll try it out during the term.  Is it in the Google play store?

Cheers

Jayho

3 Oct 2016     

kingfant72
Japan

Thanks a lot, Jayho! I hope everyone can learn something from it while having a bit of fun.

Sorry, only iOS app store for now. High time I started programming for Android too, huh? 

Cheers 

3 Oct 2016     

ak8912351
India

I tried so much finding Sassyfacts app on Google Play and Tutu Helper app store for Android I could not find it :( Help.

21 Sep 2017     

chigg
India

thanks for sharing a valuable information, very useful content.... Check out these iOS apps it �s really popular 3DS Emulator

14 Oct 2017     

chigg
India

Try to Download Phone quiz app from Google play store apk it �s really worth it..

14 Oct 2017     

mariyaadems
United States

Checkout the list of best sega dreamcast emulator

11 Dec 2017     

anshulrana
United States

Check here about ps3 emulator.

6 Jul 2018     

techmaya
United States

I also used the iPhone quiz app for fun thanks for sharing ...  Thanks from technology blog submit guest post

26 Dec 2018     

1    2    Next >