Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Which countries are best at English as a second language?    

Which countries are best at English as a second language?

karagozian
France

Well, I am Flemish (Belgian). In France they consider us "gifted" for languages. It �s just that we Northern European countries do not have the choice and are very motivated to learn languagues. Furthermore I would add a detail. In France and in English speaking countries, we teach or learn "foreign languages". I rembember, when I was a child, we just learned or were taught "languages".  Isn �t that "strange" !!!!!!

You make it a "foreign" language ! Doesn �t that sound weird !!!

Well, I have been teaching English (as a foreign language) in France for more than 30 years. It is like teaching a "dead" language.

9 Oct 2016     

Minka
Slovenia

We are lucky somehow  - we have always been watching TV with subtitles. 
I can see my students hear a lot of English, even write in English (on Facebook), read it in all kinds of computer games. Some more, some less or even not at all, but in general, all that helps them a lot to learn the language. I must admit, though, our English is pretty flat as a rule. 

9 Oct 2016     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

From my personal experience with the Swedish people I believe it is true about them.

As to my country, we were ranked 34th with moderate proficiency, right after Hong Kong, but we had never been a British colony, heh?Wink This looks promicing for us:)

9 Oct 2016     

< Previous   1    2