Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Why are all (or most) worksheets in A4 size?    

Why are all (or most) worksheets in A4 size?

DBlomgren
Costa Rica

Why are all (or most) worksheets in A4 size?

Hello all,

As an American in Costa Rica, I �m used to using letter-size paper. When I download A4 worksheets, I have to resize them. I have not seen any worksheets that are letter size.

1. Is A4 size required for worksheets on ESLPrintables or just the norm?
  2. If I resize a downloaded worksheet to letter size and change it to American English, can I upload it as my own worksheet? I �ll of course mention the user who inspired it and the worksheet it is based on.

12 Nov 2016      

Tony C
United Kingdom

Hi,
1. I can tell you that as a British citizen (And former printer), A4 is the standard size paper that is used in the UK and most of the world. I believe that it is mostly just the USA and Canada that use the letter size papers as standard.  
2. I do not think that re-uploading other users worksheets is allowed after reformatting, but i will let more knowledgeable users give you the correct answer on that one. 

12 Nov 2016     

s.lefevre
Brazil

It is absolutely NOT allowed to re-upload an other user �s work, even if you change the size, transform it it any way. The worksheets must be YOUR OWN work. Read the rules carefully before uploading anything.

13 Nov 2016     

Jayho
Australia

I think that you download in whatever format it has been uploaded in.  I have downloaded several documents from here that are larger than A4, so maybe the �legal � size. .

Have you tried converting the word doc to PDF using the shrink to size option?

Also, when I print on my Epson I can choose document size and output size by going  to print then into printer properties and then more options.  Do you have this option in your printer properties?

13 Nov 2016     

manonski (f)
Canada

When you print, simply set your printer to print it in a letter format. The printer will adjust the size automatically. 

13 Nov 2016     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I had downloaded wss before which were in Legal and tried to convert them to pdf and there was a drastic loss of quality (the fonts became so small that the ws was unredable/unuseable). I guess there would be no problem if such wss were editable but again it would take time, so I only use such wss if the content is something worth spending time on it.

PS: and NO, you CANNOT reupload other people�s wss in whatever format. Your worksheets have to be YOUR OWN creation.

14 Nov 2016