Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Course books for children    

Course books for children

starlight_mimi
Portugal

Course books for children

Hello!

I �m teaching a private English course to a child who is 8 years old, she �s very good at English and she has had English at school for 2 or 3 years. I �ve been doing my own materials for her but her family wants her to have a book.
I �ve looked for books but I can �t find any. I need a book which has topics suitable for children but with a good level of English. Most books I see for young learners are just too easy and childish for my student.

Please help me & thanks in advance!! 

14 Nov 2016      

korova-daisy
Russian Federation

Try to look for a  course on http://englishtips.org/ (free registration and free downloading). You can read the  reviews and download the books to look at them more attentively.

I would recommend you  to look at the following courses: Oxford Heroes, Friends, Project English, Super Minds, Kid �s Box Backpack, Everyone Speak, Incredible English. When you choose the book of the appropriate level and can �t download it, contact me and give me your e-mail with pm, and I will send you the book(s) and audio files and interactive CD-ROMs (if there are any). Good luck!

Julia

14 Nov 2016     

SaraMariam
United States

We have the same problem in our school since our kids are taught starting at the age of 3. So, to find adapted books once they reach 7-8 is kind of a challenge. We decided on Kids Box from Cambridge University Press. There is also Super Minds. So far they are working quite well. We are still testing though ;)
Sara

14 Nov 2016