Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > caption competition winner    

caption competition winner

cunliffe
United Kingdom

caption competition winner

Thank you for your captions about the tyrant Henry as a teapot. There were some real good �uns. I thought the ditties from Apodo and Valodra were really clever and I liked Marion �s �Not my pot of tea. � I thought idelsmoore �s was good (a suggestion of poisoning) and would have been kinder to so many of Henry �s victims: beheading was merciful insofar as he was concerned. If you really ruffled his feathers, you would be hanged, drawn and quartered with your intestines pulled out and burned while you were still alive. Nice! I digress. I loved Spinney �s ugly mug (and his caption  ha ha!) and so on.... A special �thank you � to Bruce for the historical information, alas no caption. Karagozian came up on the rails, but there can only be one winner............ And it is MoodyMoody for �Henry Tea Eighth �, Douglas provided the link to the song, which isn �t about Henry VIII at all, but about..... Crikey, am I still writing??? Have a great week, everyone and over to MM.
Lynne  

8 Jan 2017