Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > vocabulary question    

vocabulary question

Pedro14
Spain

Thank you all for your time and help. Have a nice day.

12 Jan 2017     

douglas
United States

As LEAPONOVER already stated

Physical shop is okay, but (especially in the USA) "a brick and mortar shop" seems to be the most commonly used term.

13 Jan 2017     

Jayho
Australia

I wouldn �t have thought that "a brick and mortar shop" was terminology commonly used in my neck of the woods but lo and behold I just read the following in today �s online newspaper in an article about the changing Australian retail landscape:

Earlier this month, Macy’s, a large traditional bricks and mortar retailer in the US, announced it was eliminating 10,000 jobs and planned to close 68 stores across the country after a disappointing holiday shopping season.

Amazon now accounts for 40 per cent of all online sales in the US and is also forecast to become the largest US apparel retailer in 2017

13 Jan 2017     

kwsp
United States

I hear this one a lot: "I prefer shopping online over shopping locally because of selection, price, not having to waste time looking for the item in the store, it is delivered straight to my door rather than me having to drive, etc., etc."

13 Jan 2017     

< Previous   1    2