Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ESL TEACHING AT UNIVERSITIES IN BEIJING    

ESL TEACHING AT UNIVERSITIES IN BEIJING

ldeloresmoore
China

ESL TEACHING AT UNIVERSITIES IN BEIJING

First, if this is among the taboo subject, please forgive me now. I honestly don �t know what is or isn �t off limits, so I �m going to just give this a shot. 

(Please forgive me, Victor, if I �ve done a bad thing!!)

I live in Beijing. I used to live in Shanghai. When I lived in Shanghai, I taught at a university. Best. Job. Ever.  Hated to leave it, but didn �t have a lot of choice at the time.

Now that my hubby and I are in Beijing (because of his job), I would give my right arm to teach at a university again. But cracking that nut appears to be impossible. I �ve been steadily plugging away at it for 3 years, and I �m no closer than when I began.  Are any of you teaching at a Chinese university? If so, how did you get the job? Did you just knock doors? Go through agents?  

Any info you have will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers from China ~~

Dee 

31 Jan 2017      

krueiw
Thailand

31 Jan 2017     

kwsp
United States

Search Angelina �s ESL Cafe http://www.anesl.com/schools/index.asp My spouse and I used them ten years ago to get teaching jobs at an academy near Beijing. We used them a second time to scout around for a different job near Shanghai, even touring and getting an offer from a university in Wuxi, but we ended up staying where we were at. One of the rules we found in China was to work for a public school or university over a private institution to be assured of fair treatment and pay at the proper time. Benefits tended to be better for the foreign teachers at the public institutions, also.

Before going through Angelina�s we taught English at Hunan Agricultural University in southern China. Our Chinese teacher who was also our friend was teaching at the university. She recommended us to the Foreign Language Department.

Prior to that we worked for an English training center run by a company out of the U.S. That is where we met our Chinese teacher.

31 Jan 2017