Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > the proyect of the portfolio    

the proyect of the portfolio

yolprica
Spain

the proyect of the portfolio

Hi everyone! I �ve started this year with the proyect of the portfolio and I am a little confused with all the information we have received in the courses we have been given so far. Next year we �ll start to work with students and we aren �t really sure if the proyect is worth the effort or not and I would like to know what you are doing with your students because my students are 12-18 and we only have examples of primary school proyects. Can anybody help me?

6 Mar 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

Yolprica,
I get the gist of your request but it is not very clear. Would you mind clarifying what kind of project you are referring to?

6 Mar 2009     

olmasadayesek
Turkey

iam the new comer

6 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

yolprica  If they are forcing you to do portfolio, then don �t ask yourself if it is worth the effort because you won �t put  all you can into it.

I did a seminar paper about the use of portfolio in the English classroom and part of the paper was a survey/ questionnaire the pupils filled out about how they felt about it.  But that was about 10 years ago.  I don �t do portfolio in my classes.

6 Mar 2009     

yolprica
Spain

In Spain the proyect of the portfolio will be compulsory in a few years but now it is still optional and I got into it because I like experimenting new ways of teaching since the present model doesn �t work. When compiling a portfolio  students collect relevant documents, reflect on their learning and evaluate their learning process as the studies proceed. The core idea is that their learning becomes more lasting because they learn to take it to good use and get practise analyzing their work. The portfolio covers students � past, present and future alike since they reflect on their past experiences, attitudes and feelings, revise their present goals and make plans for the future. This is supposed to come in handy when applying for jobs. This is the theory and I would like to know if anyone has had any experience at putting it into practise.
Thank you

6 Mar 2009     

Apodo
Australia

I found this link. Is this what you mean? I think we would say Portfolio Project.

8 Mar 2009