Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teaching at firms    

Teaching at firms

ivush
Czech Republic

Teaching at firms

Hello friends. Do you know about any methodology book dealing with teaching at firms?

13 Feb 2017      

HiFly
Austria

I teach in firms most of my time. Ensure you do a Needs Analysis of the participants, (to define what they need from your lessons) and in my experience (dependent on the groups CEF level) they usually ask you to cover E-Mails, Basic Telephone English, Some Business Vocabulary, Procurement vocab, Sales & Marketing Vocab. etc. Make sure you cover lots of tenses and do lots of Group/Pairwork Role Plays! Works for me all the time with positive feedback.  Make sure Weith A2 and above you coverr Business English phrases. Idioms etc.

13 Feb 2017     

teacher_dave
Germany

Hi, I agree with HiFly �s comments. Determining the Level is always a good start, and some conversation like exchanging Business Cards and making small talk is always a good ice breaker. The Market Leader series (Lower Intermediate or Upper Intermediate) are really good because they are Business relavent and offer a lot of different teaching / learning techniques for speaking, listening, reading and understanding.

14 Feb 2017     

noorhamza
Tunisia

Hi, 

Market leader is an excellent choice. I �ve been using it for like more than 7 years now. It comes with a CD and it is very helpful.
The elementary and pre intermediate books are excellent.

Good luck 

14 Feb 2017     

HiFly
Austria

Many firms want a "brush-up" English Language course and sometimes the amount of hours you have is limited due to various factors. As well as Market Leader coursebooks for full 30+ hours courses, I would recommend Cambridges "Business Benchmark", or Cornelsens "Business English for Beginnerrs" (most suitable for A1/A2 levels or their "Simply Business" Series A2+, B1 & B1+ levels. Both the latter series are suited to shorter course timespans.

14 Feb 2017