Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > My favourite mushrooms    

My favourite mushrooms

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Monique - j �arrive! 

(Toomas is right as far as Brits are concerned!)

9 Mar 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Is there going to be a feast of mushroom lovers here? Gimme any, no matter what they �re called. And the tiny glasses must be there for a reason. :) I �m not leaving without savouring some of the fancy named shrooms and the contents of the glasses ...�

9 Mar 2017     

emanwela
France

Hi, in France they are called Cèpes, in England they drop the accent (of course) and the second e, so they become ceps. However, they are often called boletus - being the latin name - and porcini, which is the Italian name.

They are normally edible but always have mushrooms checked by an expert. There are some poisonous cep mushrooms - the boletus satanus in particular...

Otherwise, they are really scrumptious! Dried or fresh.

With or without a good wine ;)

9 Mar 2017     

yanogator
United States

In Ohio (USA), morels are the king of mushrooms. They have a short season in the spring (around April) and aren �t sold in stores. They look like sponges on stems. The cap is hollow inside. We usually saute them in butter.

Bruce 

9 Mar 2017     

brazilian boy
Brazil

Hi there

In Brazil we call "cogumelo Shitake"

Resultado de imagem para cogumelo shitake

9 Mar 2017     

yanogator
United States

Shiitake mushrooms are popular here, too.

9 Mar 2017     

ninon100
Russian Federation

In Russia porcini are called BELYY GRIB - white mushroom - due to the fact that they don �t go grey or dark when cooked or dried. Other mushrooms do, but not these. They stay white, hence the name. They are considered "the king of mushrooms" in Russia. We pick them in forests, not supermarkets :)

9 Mar 2017     

kasiopeja01
Slovakia

In Slovakia Hr�b Dubovy or Dubak :)

9 Mar 2017     

karagozian
France

Oh, we do pick them in forests too. In supermarket may be tricky !

10 Mar 2017     

Jayho
Australia

I googled porcini and the first result was Wikipedia�s boletus edulis. Apparently, it doesn�t grow naturally in the Southern Hemisphere but a wild crop was discovered in Australia 5 years ago.  Other than this rare find, we have to buy it dried.

10 Mar 2017     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >