Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hi Guys! Help pls!    

Hi Guys! Help pls!

guorkhan
Turkey

Hi Guys! Help pls!

I would like to learn that in which grade you start to teach English and how many hours in a week. Thank you!

22 Mar 2017      

kohai
Latvia

In Latvia: From the 1st grade - one lesson(40 min) a week.

22 Mar 2017     

jfaraujo
Portugal

In Portugal kids start learning English from 3rd grade primary school - one lesson, 90 minutes a week.

22 Mar 2017     

Mohamed Hamed
Egypt

In Egypt: Kids start learning from grade 1. seven classes a week. each class is 40 minutes.

22 Mar 2017     

jacobo2015
Colombia

In Colombia Children start learning since 1 grade , here they receive1 lesson of 50 minutes a week for a no specialized teacher in the subject ; in high school it depends of the college, but normally Ss receive 3 or 4 lessons a week of 55 minutes  with a trained English teacher.

I am an English teacher here in Colombia and I can say that in public schools most of the Ss finish school with a low English level because they have had a regular process throughout their academic life.

22 Mar 2017     

INNAina
Romania

In Romania they start since preparatory grade (o grade). They have 1 lesson a week of 45 minutes.

23 Mar 2017     

SaraMariam
United States

I guess, here in France, it depends on the kind of school. Officially it starts when the kids are in a class called "CP", which means they are about 6 years old. However there are schools that start a bit earlier. I work at a school where we start at the age of 3 (it �s a private one though). Some public schools may offer additional classes in the afternoon (for example I live next to an international school who sends the kids to the British Council once per week for additional classes).
The "CP" kids usually have 1h per week, once they are a bit older it goes up to 3h per week (some schools seem to have 4h). Our school has 4h per week in preschool and 3h per week in primary.

23 Mar 2017