Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > CAPTION COMPETITION 24/03/2016    

CAPTION COMPETITION 24/03/2016

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

CAPTION COMPETITION 24/03/2016

Dear�Colleagues:

What a SUPER Caption Competition we have on ESLP. I am astonished at the wit, poignancy, and love that is so frequently demonstrated on this Forum. At times, the�linguistic skills of the Members are absolutely AMAZING. Congratulations to all the participants for their entries!
And the winner is ...
KARAGOZIAN.
Congratulations, Monique.
IT �S�OVER TO YOU.
Les Douglas�

1 Apr 2017      

kohai
Latvia

I agree with Les. Your caption was the best, dear Monique.
   Congratulations!! 

Edit: Dear Les, why had you been waiting for a year and a week to announce the winner??Wink

1 Apr 2017     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Ruta,

Because I �m rushed off my feet.

Les Douglas 

1 Apr 2017     

karagozian
France

Thank you so much dear Les for choosing me. I have always felt very small here amidst All these linguistic artists. I Will try to find a picture and post it as soon as possible. Monique

1 Apr 2017     

valodra
France

( I �ve goggled I �m rushed off my feet .....& learnt a new expression - well, :-S - for me ;-).
Thank you, Mr Magician.
Val
edit : Magicman - oooops! Sorry ;-)))  

1 Apr 2017     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Yes, Val,
I am EXTREMELY BUSY!
I am rushed off my feet; I am run off my feet; I am as busy as a bee; I �ve been kept busy; I am a busy little beaver; I �ve been beavering away all day; I have my hands full at the moment; I �ve been on the go all week; I �ve been up to my ears in work; I �ve been up to my eyes in work; I �ve been snowed under with work; I �ve been working like the clappers; I �ve been working non-stop; I haven �t had a minute to myself; I �ve been running around like a madman; I �m so busy, I don �t know whether I �m coming or going;�... yes, Val, I have been VERY BUSY!
Fortunately, I am not �a busybody�, because I DON�T �poke my nose into other people�s business�. I hope these expressions help you a little bit.
Les Douglas

2 Apr 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Les, can we take it that you have been running about like a blue-arsed fly?

2 Apr 2017     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Lynne,

PUH-LEASE!!!!!!

Les 

2 Apr 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Perfect collection of idioms and phrases, I must say! Would any of you, generous experts, kindly explain what the phrase �work like a trouper � means? I came across this phrase in one of �English File � series textbooks (Level C1). Let me give you the exact quote - �... But I did come to London, and even though it was a very hard environment, I worked like a trouper and was very quick to learn �. From the context it seems clear that it has to do something with working hard and diligently, what I would like to know is the origin of the idiom and why the word �trouper � is involved... The word trouper is defined in dictionaries as a �member of a theatrical troupe �, which makes the idiom and its origin even more confusing....�

2 Apr 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Sorry Les!
Giorgi, I took that to mean trouper as a soldier, but the theatre definition sounds more likely. I suppose �the show must go on � so members of the troupe never stop... We also say �work like a Trojan. � 
Lynne 

2 Apr 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Thanks, Lynne, for your suggestion and clarification.

2 Apr 2017     

1    2    3    Next >