Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Asking for Help!!!!    

Asking for Help!!!!

Jessisun
Argentina

Asking for Help!!!!

Hi everybody!!! I need some help from the creative �eslprintables � teachers!!!

I have a class with a student whom I �ve had for many years. We have conversation classes, so I choose a topic and we talk as he gets new vocabulary. The thing is that he needs to revise some grammar stuff. So for next class I �ve prepared a lesson to revise the simple past with regular and irregular verbs. I have a jar with small cards with infinitive verbs. What do you suggest? I was thinking about making him pick up cards and make sentences in the past using the verbs he gets. What other activities do you suggest to do with my �verb jar �? Thank you for always being there!!! Looking forward to hearing your creative ideas!!!

9 Apr 2017      

joannajs
Poland

If they are sort of intermediateish, you can have some small pictures prepared in another jar (if you like the jar idea) and ask them to produce a story. The pictures should be somewhat thematically linked (e.g. fairy tale theme: princess, dragon, frog, castle, witch, forest etc  or space/alien theme: space ship, alien, planet, earth, meeting etc.). Let them come with something non-stereotypical and surprising. Similar sets of pictures were - if I remember correcly - in Intermediate Communication Games by Nelson, I should have it out there somewhere, send me a pm with your email and I �ll forward it to you if you think it would be helpful. That way they could practice both speaking and past tenses 

10 Apr 2017