Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Picture caption competition April 17th 2017 - by brightgreen    

Picture caption competition April 17th 2017 - by brightgreen

Minka
Slovenia

Picture caption competition April 17th 2017 - by brightgreen

Hello, dear friends!

Brightgreen has messaged me about an internal server error message she keeps seeing when she tries to upload the picture for the next picture caption competition and asked me to do it with the following picture: 

Go ahead, write your witty thoughts! 

17 Apr 2017      

Minka
Slovenia

To me this healthy eating cutie doesn �t look like an Easter bunny, but an after-Easter hamster - like so many of us. 

17 Apr 2017     

maryse pey�
France

Well, I don �t want to be misunderstood ! Let �s be clear then. I am CARVING this cabbage material with my teeth, I AM NOT EATING it at all;

I am an artist, a New Age sculptor !

17 Apr 2017     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

What do you mean? "Say Cheese!" Get your eyes tested. ... This isn�t green Cheese, it�s Broccoli!

17 Apr 2017     

ldeloresmoore
China

What do you mean, "What �s with the diet?" -- Have you seen my hips lately? Wait...don �t answer that...

17 Apr 2017     

douglas
United States

"Just because I �m a vegetarian doesn �t mean I have to be skinny."

18 Apr 2017     

karagozian
France

My wheel is still spinning and I am not dead.

18 Apr 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Monique, the same is true for me, as well as for you. Wheel still spinning (just about!) and (not quite) dead.LOL
However, what about a caption for that fat hamster? 

18 Apr 2017     

valodra
France

Fat ? Who �s FAT ???!!!!
Now, listen : I �m NOT fat - I am muscular. ( for Ast�rix lovers...)
Gaulish ( vegan ) hamster.

PS : Does anyone know how to say �Na! � in English ???? ;-)) ( In French, Na! is used to express disapproval ; it�s familiar.( but not rude )  ex : Je ne vais pas t�aider, na! = I�m not going to help you....( ? ) = I strongly disagree with you - & I�m telling you...;-))
Val 

18 Apr 2017     

douglas
United States

"Na"  (if it �s anything like the German usage for it) could roughly be translated to "hey"  or "heya", but I can �t come up with anything that really captures its essence completely.

18 Apr 2017     

valodra
France

edit : PS : Does anyone know how to say �Na! � in English ???? ;-)) ( In French, Na! is used to express disapproval ; it�s familiar.( but not rude )  ex : Je ne vais pas t�aider, na! = I�m not going to help you....( ? ) = I strongly disagree with you - & I�m telling you...;-))

Thank you so much, Douglas... Maybe English-speaking people rather use intonation ...?
Have a nice day! 

18 Apr 2017     

1    2    Next >