Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A new worsheet with lots of pictures    

A new worsheet with lots of pictures

David Lisgo
Japan

You have at least one watermarked clipart in your worksheet so I suggest you remove it before I or someone else report it.

13 Jun 2017     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Hello David!

Thanks for letting me know about that.
That is why I asked the question and so many people got angry at me.
I wonder if you could be so kind as to tell me which picture it is, so I can remove it.
Thanks in advance.

jfaraujo 

14 Jun 2017     

David Lisgo
Japan

Einstein from iclipart as far as I can tell.
 David

14 Jun 2017     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Thanks a million David!
I will change it immediately!

jfaraujo 

14 Jun 2017     

falco
Greece

And the pst is still here :-)

14 Jun 2017     

falco
Greece

post ...

14 Jun 2017     

chirazm
Tunisia

i installed Ecosia and still there are pictures with trade mark are they offered by the company

15 Jun 2017     

Antonio Oliver
Spain

If I may I �d like to add a couple of thoughts.

1, We all want to make our worksheets look nice by adding plenty of pictures & other visual/graphic stimuli
2, There are copy rights to worry about, so when we do the above we may unintentionally be breaking the law

Personally, I just check that a picture taken from the internet hasn �t got any trade names watermarked on it -because it looks awful, not because I worry too much about whether it is going to be reported. If it does I �ll accept the removal and try and find a new picture that will meet the terms.

I recently had 2 worksheets reported -scanned images. I confess I was aware of that in 1 of the 2 cases, and although I mentioned the author �s name & date of publishing I got warned. In the end, I replaced the image with another one, painstakingly drawn by myself, which I also had to scan to be able to include in the worksheet. Uploaded it yesterday, still waiting for a report. If it is reported, I think I �ll throw in the towel, can �t do much more about it.

So I tend to sympathise with  someone asking the question, �is this allowed? �

Thank you all for �listening � 

18 Jun 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I agree, Antonio. If an image has a watermark, or a copyright sign, it �s clear we can �t use it. An honourable exception is work by PhillipMartin. Some images, even though they have no such mark, are still copyrighted. You pointed out (credited) the author of the work you used, that is fine in many circumstances. There is such a thing as �fair use �. I won �t go into it here as it �s very complex - a minefield! But I like this image.

19 Jun 2017     

Antonio Oliver
Spain

Thank you Kohai & Cunliffe,

The graph shows clearly we aren �t delinquents, but just to be on the safe side we should all try & use original material as much as possible.

19 Jun 2017     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >