Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Using American Sitcoms    

Using American Sitcoms

Whiteboard Warrior
Japan

Using American Sitcoms

I want to use some scenes from American shows eg Seinfeld to teach authentic listening. What �s the best way to do that these days? In the old days it was possible to simply record from TV on videocassette. Now we have YouTube but apparently it isn �t allowed to download their content. Can I just play some videos from my laptop offline to my private students? Anyone done this before?

16 Jul 2017      

leaponover
United States

Not quite sure how technologically savvy you are and how you feel about streaming content that you really shouldn �t be, but there are several possibilities.

I �m not sure of the availability of Netflix in the country you teach in, but here in Korea it �s available.  There isn �t access to the whole library, but the stuff they do have also has Korean subtitles which are great for using in the classroom.  It �s $10 a month, and although I don �t use it that much, it �s nice to have available for those lesson plans/celebrations when I need it. 

16 Jul 2017     

FrauSue
France

If you use Firefox, it �s possible to download an extension that allows you to download Youtube videos to use offline.

18 Jul 2017     

yarid
Peru

If you wanna dowload  any video from youtube just  go to the add the word “magic” between ‘you’ and ‘tube in the url. Then follow the steps of the page you are gonna be redirected to and you are good to go. You can download any video from youtube and even download it in mp3  format.

18 Jul 2017     

warrenzephaniah
United Kingdom

I �m not certain of the accessibility of Netflix in the nation you instruct in, however here in Korea it �s accessible. There isn �t access to the entire library, yet the stuff they do have likewise has Korean subtitles which are incredible for utilizing as a part of the classroom. It �s $10 a month, Write my Dissertation and in spite of the fact that I wear �t utilize it that much, it �s pleasant to have accessible for those lesson designs/festivities when I require it.

16 Aug 2017     

MarthaWilson710
United States

Not quite sure how technologically savvy you are and how you feel about streaming content that you really shouldn ´t be, but there are several possibilities.

-------------------------------------------------------------

21 Sep 2017