Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Guess what is written in this picture.    

Guess what is written in this picture.

maryse pey�
France

Hi Kohai

I love this drawing and actually it is a test to know if you are optimistic or pessimistic. If you see the young woman you are optimistic and if you see the old one you are pessimistic.

Here both are turned to the left, that is to say to the past.

There is another drawing in which the old character is turned to the left whereas the young one is turned to the rigth, in other words the future.

I love this kind of test. They are really expressive !

Hugs my friend.

Maryse.

13 Aug 2017     

kohai
Latvia

Thank you, Maryse! 
For a very long time, I  couldn�t see an old woman, so I should be optimistic? 
But, why then was it SO difficult for me to find a couple kissing in this pic? Must be old...

13 Aug 2017     

Sunshinenikki
Japan

I see the couple kissing in just about 30 secondes!! Kohai, I must be a toddler ..... ;-)) 

14 Aug 2017     

Sunshinenikki
Japan

Can you find the other 4 wolves in the rocky cliffs?

14 Aug 2017     

maryse pey�
France

http://www.gentside.com/trompe-l-oeil/qu-ont-ils-en-tete-dans-ce-trompe-l-oeil_pic118093.html

Hi Kohai,

you must remember that when we are adults our brain is, too often I am afraid, reasonable and accepts to see only what is immediately visible.

For the kissing couple the 1st thing is the face. Now look at the eyes... They are the hair of the 2 hidden characters !

About the wolves I can see them.

If you look at some of the pictures of the link you will see incredible things... Never forget that the best hidden things are the most visible ones !

Good luck and enjoy this funny and interesting activity : deciphering the visible !

Maryse.

14 Aug 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Kohai, oh heck, I can �t see the kissing couple! Love the wolves and thanks for the link, Maryse. I �ve made a ppt with a lot of these things (how many hidden faces etc) but obviously can �t upload it because of copyright. It �s good for starter activities. If anybody wants it, send me a pm with your email address.
Lynne  

14 Aug 2017     

kohai
Latvia

Hi, Nikki! No, you�re not a toddler, LOL! Thank you for joining in and for the wolves. Love them!

Lynne, I think you are just pretending not seeing the couple to support me. I still remember the spinning dancer you had shared in the Teachers� Cafe. It took me ages to see her spinning in both directions! Well, I�m not a genius and not upset with it, haha! By the way, have you still got the link? I didn�t save it, unfortunately. I�d love to have your ppt, it must be great, like everything you share with us. You should try to upload it.

Maryse, thank you again, for the link too! I start seeing more, and it�s fun. Now, I think that it depends on training. You won�t ever know what you can learn, discover and gain for yourself on this site!

One has to be a great artist to draw such pictures. The same theme on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83CTeO-1hBY 

15 Aug 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Kohai,
I have been looking at the pic you �ve uploaded. Not just looking. Turning my screen in all known dimensions, at various angles, sitting, standing, narrowing my eyes, with my eyes wide open and shut :) No kissing couple, or it may be that they have retreated somewhere in more intimate surroundings rather than being an object of observation of some very curious members of eslprintables? Please, relieve me of this torture and reupload the pic with the couple kissing �outlined :)
Giorgi�

15 Aug 2017     

maryse pey�
France

Well, I can �t remember how to insert the picture with the detail. So let me try to make you visualise it :
the man �s eyes are the hairs of the characters (girl on the left and boy on the right)
the man �s nose is the boy �s face�
the man �s lips are one arm of each character (the lip up is the girl �s one whereas the lip down is the boy �s one)
and the �beard is probably their clothes or some kind of bushes before them.
Can you see them now ? The couple is just under the forehead.
Oh ! by the way : thanks for the new link !

15 Aug 2017     

kohai
Latvia

Giorgi,
You made me laugh myself silly! I think I will print out your post and stick it on the wall.
Whenever I lose my confidence, I will take a look at it and be fine again.:)

Actually, Maryse has already explained in her first post, where you have to look to find the hidden couple. Maybe this will be of greater help - the faces are white, the hair is black.
Thank you for not hiding, but joining in and adding even more fun!

We started with a Liar... Are we going to finish with a kiss?Wink

15 Aug 2017     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >