Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Anyone familiar with iSpring?    

Anyone familiar with iSpring?

douglas
United States

Anyone familiar with iSpring?

Hi All,

I �m trying to make the training program in the company I work at more interactive and I am looking for some good suggestions for my boss. My job entails more than just English training, among other things, I also make product training videos.

I �ve done some shopping around and stumbled on iSpring Suite, which seems to meet a lot of our requirements. I tried the free trial and it now has my attention.

Does anyone here have experience with iSpring or suggestions for similar software.  I �m not looking for an LMS (yet),  I am looking for creating interactive training products that we can use with our current infrastruture (e.g. convertible to html).

Anything?

Thanks,
Douglas

OBTW: I am not trying to promote iSpring or any other platform, I am on a fact finding mission and am open to most any suggestions.  So please don �t mark this as spam :)

16 Aug 2017      

Zora
Canada

Hi Douglas,

I had never heard of iSpring Suite til now. It looks like a really great program and it does have e-learning capabilities. I looked at reviews and they all seem to be rather positive. (I know that sometimes that means nothing since you can buy reviews but every site seems to give it 4+ rating, so I think they are probably legit reviews.)

How easy is it to use and interact with? Can anybody do it with a little bit of training? 

16 Aug 2017     

douglas
United States

I was real pleased with it. It was very intuitive and seeemd to naturally blend into my PowerPoint work. One big showstopper is the price (single license will cost you around 700 euros for the suite). I would consider buying just the quiz maker (the free version doesn �t offer html or some formating options that I �d need for branding).

I really liked the quiz maker, it �s easy to use and saves LOTS of time in comparriosn to doing it all with PPt. The suite also lets you sub-order slides (kind of like an outline) which I found helpful as well. Unfortunately I didn �t have time to try a lot of the other features.

The learnign curve was almost zero--the free tutorial videos are short, sweet and effective.

17 Aug 2017     

Zora
Canada

That is a great price for something like that. I know basic programs like Office for Professionals is already over $400. So what you are looking at is probably well worth the money. I think that, deep down, you already know what you want to do, but like with any major purchase, you are somewhat unsure of making it - especially since it �s for your employer. I really believe you should go with your gut instincts - you �ve checked around, probably read reviews, tried the product and weighed the pros and cons. However just to help you out - or confuse you more -  here is a link comparing similar programs as well as iSpring, which seems to be one of the few with a 5 star rating, the rest are close though! 

17 Aug 2017