Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > developing and assessing writing    

developing and assessing writing

Teacher Karima
Tunisia

developing and assessing writing

good morning 
  could you please help me with worksheets dealing with developing and assessing writing thank you 

16 Sep 2017      

Gi2gi
Georgia

Hi,

Developing of which writing skills are you looking for? 

Giorgi 

16 Sep 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

...Just about to post, asking the same thing! This is a very broad area... Can you be more specific?... Writing to complain/persuade... There are some sheets on here, are none of them suitable? if so, why not? If you are more specific, we will be able to help you. 

16 Sep 2017     

joannajs
Poland

On September 12th this user was asking about more or less the same issue. I directed her (?) to Cambridge scales but with no feedback. And the question keeps coming back...

16 Sep 2017     

Teacher Karima
Tunisia

good morning 
sorry joannajs i ve just seen your answer next month i am intending to attend  a tesol meeting about the mentionned topic this is why i am asking for sheets or documents  

17 Sep 2017     

Teacher Karima
Tunisia

good morning 
sorry joannajs i ve just seen your answer next month i am intending to attend  a tesol meeting about the mentionned topic this is why i am asking for sheets or documents  
 what are cambridge scales?

17 Sep 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

In terms of developing writing skills, it �s a good idea to provide writing plans/frames/mats.
Here are some ideas.

17 Sep 2017     

joannajs
Poland

University of Cambridge ESOL having years of experience assessing English language proficiency of candidates from all over the world came up with various exams which all contain a writing component. There is a public version of scales available for most of them (with some description) which could help you construct your own grading method. So again, here are assessment criteria for IELTS (exam that could be taken by candidates at all levels of proficiency, Band 9 corresponds to strong C2, Band 8 - strong C1, Band 6-7  is B2 etc.)

There are also teacher �s handbooks for other Cambridge exams (Proficiency - C2; Advanced - C1; First - B2, Preliminary - B1; Key - A2). All of them house a description of bands (=grading system) with sample texts by actual candidates and a commentary from an examiner with an actual band awarded. There are particular categories you can take into account while grading like CONTENT, ORGANISATION AND COHESION, RANGE (of vocab and structures), ACCURACY (of vocab and structures), APPROPRIACY OF REGISTER AND FORMAT.
Here are the handbooks, have a look at the writing part:

key 

hope it helps this time, joanna 

17 Sep 2017     

Teacher Karima
Tunisia

thank you joannajs you very helpful

18 Sep 2017