Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the Day Competition    

Word of the Day Competition

cunliffe
United Kingdom

THANK YOU TO THE PARTICIPANTS!!!

Welcome back, Ideloresmoore! What about a daffynition? Mine would be someone who pretends to approach you for a hug, then robs (mugs) you. Boring! 

I love Giorgi �s micro-story (but I always choose him, so he �s not the winner this time). Les is as ingenious as ever , Antonio is having a jolly good time, but no daffynition, Spinney, I need that course as well! , I love kwsp �s daffynition, a granny who has to hug your mug... If I was a granny, that would be me! Lovely!!!  but the winner is: 

maryse pey� with her definition of a fellow (oh, yes!) who loves his beer so much, he hugs his mug!LOL And we all know one or two of those, I bet!!! 

And the real meaning? Strangely, this is an adverb, meaning sneakily or in an underhand fashion. When you are looking at irregular adverbs with your students, not sure whether this one should figure! 

Take it away, Maryse!!! 

9 Oct 2017     

< Previous   1    2