Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the day. 10.19.17    

Word of the day. 10.19.17

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

@ Lynne Cunliffe,

For the past 93 years, I �ve been watching "Oh-My-Goodness-Football", and "Boring-Boring-Cricket!" on TV,  because I thought that there was no other Sport worth watching!

And NOW!!!
Now, you tell me that I could have been watching �genteel ladies � with �voluminous, long skirts �, playing "Willy-Nilly" and �wafting the ball � and ... Oh! I don �t know what! ... I can �t find words to describe my disappointment! 

Excuse me, everybody!

I must go and have another Cold Shower!

(Swift Exit, Stage Left)

Les Douglas

20 Oct 2017     

MoodyMoody
United States

@Spinney: I actually had the "Bobbitter" in mind, Lorena, when I wrote that, but the recipient was indeed John Wayne Bobbitt.

20 Oct 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

These are GREAT! Pleased I �m not Giorgi, having to choose! @Les, I �ll come up there and give you a demonstration @DouglasLOL @agagug, I�m going to find myself in class, going, �For heaven�s sake, stop all your willynillying!� LOL

21 Oct 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Well, I keep reading all the brilliant daffynitions and I must confess I will have to make one of the hardest choices ever! I will have to save a copy of this topic to reread and lighten up my mood! I �ll choose the winner tomorrow but guys, honestly, I bow low to your sense of humo(u)r.

21 Oct 2017     

sarguero
Spain

Daffynition: The way Homer Simpson defines BEER

22 Oct 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

It �s about time I chose the winner. Needless to say , all of the daffynitions were superb, a true demonstration that teachers are the best humorists ever!��
And the winner is douglas! Both of his daffynitions give me a big grin, especially daffynition #2. :D
Over to you, douglas.
Giorgi�

22 Oct 2017     

agagug
Canada

Congrats Les! It �s been a while. Looking forward to our next challenge. (Yeah! I take it really as a chalenge to be picked up when you participate because English is my Second Language and your posts are so witty).

23 Oct 2017     

< Previous   1    2