Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teacher exchange trips and discovery     

Teacher exchange trips and discovery

noorhamza
Tunisia

Teacher exchange trips and discovery

Hi English teachers from around the world, 
An idea came up to my mind as I was browsing the site! Why don �t we meet in person? We could host one another depending on holiday periods during the year so that our trips don �t cost a lot. It could be short trips of a few days, we could meet, visit each other �s institutions and have an opportunity to exchange work, ideas and sheets. Besides, it �s an opportunity to discover a new town with someone who lives there. Being a travel addict, this idea seems really interesting. 
Who shares my point of view? 

10 Nov 2017      

Antonio Oliver
Spain

Hi,
I think that would be a really nice experience but... Easier said tan done!
Perhaps Víctor can organise an annual meeting or somethng? I was thinking at the Paris Ritz, all expenses paid of course 

11 Nov 2017     

noorhamza
Tunisia

Hi Antonio, 

We can even go with something less fancy...Still waiting for the others to show up..... :) :) :) 

11 Nov 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh, I �m up for this! Let �s have an Eslprintables Members � Symposium (aka ChinwagLOL) My preferred locations would be: a hill top town anywhere in Italy; Logrono, in Spain (medieval town with tapas); Tbilisi (some interesting characters), Glasgow or Ohio (ditto); anywhere in South America (money is no object to me maybe that �s why my husband hates me)...;  Any town beginning with A, B, C etc.... LOL

Edit: I visited Lesley Misano in Italy and that was wonderful. Also - and I shared photos - I visited the famous Les Douglas ldthemagicman in Newcastle and that was magic. 

Edit2: Just hoping almaz has a sense of humourWink I think if we met it would be tea towels at dawn...LOL

11 Nov 2017     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I have visited a few members around the world, in Russia, Iran, Turkey, France. Believe me, these trips were the best I have ever had.  Before I travel, I always try to find people on the forum who are willing to meet me for a cup of tea, coffee or something. So, I �m open to the idea for collective or individual meeting.

11 Nov 2017     

karagozian
France

Haha !!!! This year i offer two cups of coffee Silvia. And to our dear Lynne i would say That she has forgotten a stop over in Toulouse. Also The Georgian brother is going to be busy next year. Well I am open to this idea!

11 Nov 2017     

tchrvan
Belgium

Sounds Nice! Anyone of you going to The Bristol conference in April? IATEFL I �d love to and it would be Nice to meet other English teachers!

11 Nov 2017     

spinney
United Kingdom

With my schedule it would be tricky but if it �s a weekend and is in Southern Spain, Portugal or the northern coast of Morocco, then I �m in. 

11 Nov 2017     

yanogator
United States

Hey, Lynne, I �m not quite sure whether Giorgi, Alex and I should feel honored or skeptical about being singled out.  

Either way, I have two empty bedrooms in Ohio that are always ready to welcome guests. I cook well and can entertain my guests, too. Now that I �m retired and teaching math part-time, my income is severely limited, so I can �t come to visit any of you, but anyone who wants to visit me is encouraged to make the trip.

Bruce 

11 Nov 2017     

Antonio Oliver
Spain

Monique, you live in Toulouse?? I �ve been to Albí twice.
Spinney, I live in south-east Spain, sounds good?
Lynne, Logroño, why not indeed? 
Thanks Noorhamza for starting this!

11 Nov 2017     

karagozian
France

Someone here came for a cup of coffee and ultimately we spent 10 Days exploring parts of the south of France. IT was great And fun !

11 Nov 2017     

1    2    3    Next >