Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > New Word for "Daffynition"    

New Word for "Daffynition"

douglas
United States

Magic and urology -- the study of that magic feeling you get when relieving yourself after standing in line for the loo.

Cheers,
Douglas

20 Nov 2017     

agagug
Canada

Sorry Everyone, but no... especially in this time of year...
Magirology is a field of Human studies that deals with Western world Religion, more specifically with the origins of Pre-Chistianism. Magirology is understood by common people as the study of the Magi who annonciated and witnessed the arrival of Jesus: the Christians � Son of God and messiah. In fact, Magirology is little bit more obscure than old religious Christmas tales. It started as soon as Herod, the king of Palestine, feared to be overthroned by the profecised Saviour. When Herod learned about the Magi, he got them arrested and interrogated for a full day. When Herod realised the Magi were not kings, but a few wise men (fools) wishing upon a star, he deep-fried the one called Balthasar, roasted the next one called Melchior, and finally braised the remaining one called Gaspa(hence, the "r" in Magi"r"ology). Furthermore, Magirology, in its attempt to remain misinterpreted by the common Christian believer, uses many other culinary terms.

20 Nov 2017     

MoodyMoody
United States

We had some very interesting "daffynitions" of magirology, but I loved agagug �s Magi reference as well as the clever allusion to the real meaning, "the science of cooking."

Congratulations, agagug! Pick a great word for us! 

20 Nov 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Les, I am not sure whether your daffynition was the product of a deranged or a brilliant mind! Either way, it was hilariousLOL

21 Nov 2017     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Oh! PLEASE, Lynne cunliffe, PLEASE say that I �m BRILLIANT!!!

It will help me SO MUCH!

You know that, in addition to being a boring, pedantic, English teacher, I also make a small amount of money, riding around my home town on a bicycle, selling PEAS!

I have had a BRILLIANT IDEA.

I have removed the BELL from my bicycle!

Now ... there is a chance that I may be awarded ...

THE NO-BELL PEAS PRIZE!!!

PLEASE ... vote for me, will you? PLEASE?

Les Douglas 

21 Nov 2017     

maryse pey�
France

Absolutely Les ! You deserve this prestigious prize !!! I �ll vote for you !!!

21 Nov 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

No-bell peace prize! I �m going to use that... 

21 Nov 2017     

< Previous   1    2