Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > My beloved conditionals    

My beloved conditionals

Antonio Oliver
Spain

My beloved conditionals

Hi fellow teachers,
After so many years struggling to teach the rules of Grammar, I must now seek assistance from experts like you. Please look at this multiple choice question:

I have a test in the next class. Luckily, I have studied. If I ��� I ��� nervous.
a::) study - wouldn�t be
b::) am studying - haven�t felt
c::) studied - will not feel
d::) have studied - don�t get

My Answer Key says d) is correct. The other options are really bizarre, all right. But d) doesn �t sound good to me. Perhaps if it said "Because I have studied...?

All help welcome! 
Many thanks

22 Nov 2017      

laminator
New Zealand

D is right. The speaker means. "In a situation like this, before a test, USUALLY. I don �t get nervous if I have studied."

22 Nov 2017     

yanogator
United States

Yes, D is right. I might have used "When" instead of "If" to make it sound a little more natural. It would also be better to say "If I study I don �t get nervous", I think, but the sentence is a shortening of "If I have studied for a test, I don �t get nervous during the test".

Bruce 

22 Nov 2017     

Antonio Oliver
Spain

Thanks Bruce & Laminator!

22 Nov 2017