Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Free scholarships for students to go to the USA    

Free scholarships for students to go to the USA

joannajs
Poland

Free scholarships for students to go to the USA

If you are teaching students in the following countries:
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan,  Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Ukraine

they can take advantage next year of the Flex program (Future Leaders Exchange) which is a year-long scholarship to go to the USA to study in an American high school. The US Department of State sponsors absolutely everything starting from their ticket to and from their place of residence, stay with a host family, cost of school and a monthly pocket money of 125$. Plus health insurance. 
Getting in is very competitive, what matters is personality, community involvement, leadership qualities, not just good grades at school. If your student is disabled, s/he is also more than welcome to apply.

One of my daughters is right now in Wisconsin and the experience has changed her dramatically, that �s why I �d recommend it to anyone. A life-changer :-) The other - Klara´s sister Kinga just got to the semifinals, keep your fingers crossed  

Who �s eligible? At least in Poland - students in the last grade of junior high and in the 1st grade of high school, so aged 15/16, 16/17.

www.discoverflex.org 

There is a similar program called YES Program/ Kennedy Lugar scholarships  (mainly for Muslim countries, but not only), there is a long list starting from Albania, through Gaza, Thailand to Yemen, check if your country is eligible. It �s similar in principle, though I don �t know this one that well. You �ll be better off checking the website and contacting the local admin

www.yesprograms.org 

Anyway, if I can give you any guidance should you want to encourage your students to apply, write to me! And keep your fingers crossed for Kinga! 

3 Dec 2017