Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > developing computer skills through project work - ideas for topics and activities    

developing computer skills through project work - ideas for topics and activities

MagdalenaA
Poland

developing computer skills through project work - ideas for topics and activities

Hi everybody!

I �m a trainee and I �m working on my diploma paper on project work.

I �ve decided to do a project with 13- 14 years old students using computers. The project will last for more or less 7 weeks.

I would like to give the students some topics to choose from but I �ve run out of ideas.

the only topics that come to my mind are:

broshure/ tourist information about your town/ city
web page about your school/ class  

- Do you have any other ideas for (computer based) project work topics?

9 Mar 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Kids at that age are most interested in themselves.

Topics such as:
Teen problems, drugs, drinking, anorexia, fitting in, mobbing, being popular, what is a good friend, weight problems, parents, dating, love, my future, consumerism, chat rooms, the internet and internet friends and much more.

There are many sites on the internet to which will help them more about these things and they are relevant to kids of your age group.

Kids don �t want to be travel agents at that age, they think more about themselves.

9 Mar 2009     

MagdalenaA
Poland

Thank you libertybelle Smile

9 Mar 2009     

borna
Croatia

Do you think you can include some firms and get sponsorship if you do a projekt that results in a web page as an advertising page for that firm / company?
For example, a web page of a local factory that will pay for a class trip or something?
That would motivate the kids to be fully involved, and you could include the press to cover the project, which is a great public relations move for the school, and for the firm/firms involved.
You could choose a firm that deals with something close to their interests: food for example(McDonalds is always keen on school projects9, or a chocolate factory, or something similar?, drinks (some local drinks producing company - non-alchoholic of course or energy drinks)...

Good luck!

Sasa

9 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Also look under the category �others � on the main page where you can explore some of the worksheets on webquests. Also getting them to compare things might be an idea: like two countries, two people, two cities, different customs and traditions and so on.

9 Mar 2009     

my-english.edu.pl
Poland

Don �t forget about sport. Smile Teenagers are also interested in it.

9 Mar 2009     

MagdalenaA
Poland

thank you all ! Thumbs Up

10 Mar 2009