Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > looking for a penpal    

looking for a penpal

regueb
Tunisia

looking for a penpal

Hi everyone,
I have a 14-year-old pupil who is good at English and wants to improve her level. She wants to exchange letters with other teenagers from all over the world. Who is interested?
Letters often take a lot of time to get to their destination. Have you other suggestions for exchanging pupils � writings which are faster and easier?

10 Dec 2017      

yildizelvan
Turkey

Hi 
I am a teacher of English from Turkey. I work for a private high school in İstanbul.  
I also have a fourteen year old student (in fact more than one ) who is very eager to get in touch with kids from around the world. I personally used to have penpals when I was a teenager in the 90s, so I know how it feels to be able to communicate in a foreign language. 
Letters take a lot of time , so shall we exchange e mails instead? The only problem is safety for me. How can we make sure that they write purposefully (without slangs or topics that they shouldn �t be writing about) 
 How about using our own e mail address so that we can checak what they have written before sending the email?
Thanks for your colloboration.  

ELVAN YILDIZ 
İSTANBUL  

11 Dec 2017     

regueb
Tunisia

Hi,
I am teacher Najet Jaballi from Tunisia. Liked your idea of emails but we have to plan it well.
Instead of sending letters, pupils can type and we print it later for our pupils. What do you think? 
What �s the level of your pupils?  I work in a public school so not all the pupils have a laptop and their level differs from one another.  

Najet
Tunisia 

12 Dec 2017