Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Book legends or Bookish legends?    

Book legends or Bookish legends?

ninon100
Russian Federation

Book legends or Bookish legends?

Dear members,
my students is writing a thesis and would like to know what you call legends written in books:
are they bookish legends (as in "bookish person")
or Book legends (as in "book" as an adjective)?
Thanks! 

19 Dec 2017      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well, I would call them written legends to distinguish them from oral legends. Between those two options, definitely book legends. 

19 Dec 2017     

ninon100
Russian Federation

Thank you, Cunliffe! Gotcha :)

19 Dec 2017     

yanogator
United States

I agree with Lynne that "written legends" is the best choice. Also, that "bookish" only applies to people.

Bruce 

19 Dec 2017     

annamarsh
United Kingdom

A person spent all day fishing, because he become very hungry. He stuck not anything and became getting determined. So he took his net and scooped out a little fish by way of the shore. The fish said, "i am too little to devour and that i might not be greater than a mouthful. UK essay writing service Permit me pass lower back in and i will send you a nice large fish as an alternative." the man said, "do you promise?" and the fish stated, "yes!" so the man permit him again in, and the little fish swam away. (anyone in mortal threat will utilise self-hobby and deceit, regardless of what their personality is in other instances.

20 Dec 2017     

douglas
United States

Annamarsch please don �t spam our Forum.

OBTW: If the skills of your essay writing service are reflected in your post, you will soon be bankrupt.

20 Dec 2017     

yanogator
United States

@Douglas, I went ahead and visited the website of that essay writing service. Her Spam ad on here is of the same quality as their papers, so I don �t think they �ll be in business long. There probably isn �t a native speaker in their entire company, and certainly no one with anything near native fluency.

Bruce 

20 Dec 2017