Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > LONDON!!!    

LONDON!!!

Nuria08
Spain

LONDON!!!

Big smile I �m going to London with my students for five days. Any ideas on where to take them in the evenings? I have the days covered, but I don �t know where to take 17 year-olds after dinner. Suggestions accepted!!!!

Thanks and see you next week!!! Enjoy your week!!!

9 Mar 2009      

mysweetself
Qatar

Hi...I really suggest you take them to the movies...and there is a place you can play games in....I will ask my husband if he wakes up what  the name of  place is Also there is Bicadilly square it is avery nice area to hang out ,drink,chat and you will see painters drawing pictures there....London is a very active place at daytime ,but very calm at night ...You will love the city...( I wish I can go  there again)

9 Mar 2009     

chatina25
Spain

Hello Nuria! I have a friend who went with her students to London a couple of weeks ago. She took them to a musical, Grease. She said that they enjoyed it very much. She arranged everything from here, and in the price a dinner was included. Hope this information is useful. Enjoy that lovely city.

9 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I �m there on a field trip every year with my 9th graders.
You can �t go to London without seeing a musical.
If your kids are teens, the very best musical (and I �ve seen them all)
is WE WILL ROCK YOU!  It �s fantastic!

I have a 5 day itinerary. I �ll send it to you if you like.
Send me your e-mail.
My daily schedule keeps the kids on their feet from morning to evening and they really see a lot and learn alot.
Hugs
L

9 Mar 2009     

liverpuliana
Spain

I took my students to Liverpool last year. They were also 17 and 3 of them 18. I took them to concerts, previously arranged, and they really had a great time.
Next year I �m planning to take some more to London and my ideas include a musical, a concert, movies, theatre...I don �t know. Last year, as ost of them were nearly 18 I went to clubs and pubs, making sure they didn �t drink any alcohol. It all depends on how many students you are taking. I took 14 so it was quite easy. I hope you had a grest time.
Just one question, are you from Murcia? out of curiosity.

9 Mar 2009     

dragonfly2
Portugal

I �m also taking my 14 and 15 year old students to London next April. I have the same problem: don �t really know what to do in the evenings. Plus, we are staying in a hotel in the south bank of the river Thames, so I don �t know if there is much we can do there and as I have never been to London before, I don �t really know if it is safe to take the tube by night. Is there anyone there who knows the Vauxhall area and can tell me anything about it?

Thanks

9 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Dragonfly-the Tube is very safe at night. It stops around 12 midnight, otherwise the buses are running most of the night.
You can get anywhere in no time by Tube - so where you stay is not a problem.
We usually stay way out in Bayswater or Paddington and we can get to the center of town in 5 minutes.
Send me a private message with your email and I will send you ideas for what to do with your kids. Just hanging out around Leicester Square is an experience. Life goes on in the middle of town, and it �s free.
We also had a guide from the London Walks take us on the Ghosts of the West End and the Jack the Ripper tour. It was great to see them talk with and understand the guide. They really felt they all their English lessons paid off!
Make sure they talk with people in shops!
L

9 Mar 2009     

Mustafa H.
Cyprus

Hi

If you can tell me where exactly you are going to stay, I can suggest some places too.

9 Mar 2009     

carinaluc
Argentina

Nuria, I took them to the theatre to see The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie, they really enjoyed the experience.  For some of them, it was the first time they �d seen a play, actually.
All the best
Carina from Buenos Aires

10 Mar 2009     

Nuria08
Spain

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have some very useful ideas now. We are staying in King �s Cross Road, and I �ve been told there �s not much to do in that area, but the musical is a great idea, and they �ll surely want to visit a pub (without drinking, of course).

Thanks a lot and have a nice week. I �ll tell you about the trip next Monday when we are back in Spain. We are leaving tomorrow morning.

Thanks , thanks, thanks. You are all great and so helpful.

Best wishes

Nuria

10 Mar 2009