Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > caption competition    

caption competition

cunliffe
United Kingdom

caption competition

Here is your new picture! Now, what is this lady up to? Is she scheming, plotting, flirting, or is she a Russian spy? What is she showing this fellow? What are they plotting? Are they Remainers, or Brexiteers? Confused Let´s have your captions, please! 

17 Feb 2018      

redcamarocruiser
United States

Man thinks: What �s she going on about this time?

17 Feb 2018     

spinney
United Kingdom

The original episode of "The Trouble with Tribbles" from the first aborted, British series of Star Trek. Here we see Captain Marble asking, "But what is it Bones?

18 Feb 2018     

maryse pey�
France

From Agatha  Christie �s book "Where by the hell is Marilyn Monroe �s wig ?", an episode in Miss Marple series.

Dialogue of this short scene :

The man : "Gosh ! What is it ? The left tail of a jigsaw-puzzled rabbit after the explosion of the hotel ?"
Miss Marple : "Not at all ! The blond colour has disappeared due to the explosion but this is all what is left of Marilyn Monroe ! The unique proof that she was actually wearing a wig..."

18 Feb 2018     

MoodyMoody
United States

"They say a rabbit �s foot is lucky. �Twasn �t so lucky for Fluffy, was it?" notes Mrs Dawson.

Mr Joynson thinks, "You will be AVENGED!"

18 Feb 2018     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

"DON�T argue, Herbert!!!

You know I �m always right!

A fluffy moustache like this might make you appear manly, and it may possibly improve your appearance.

Start growing one TOMORROW!"

19 Feb 2018     

douglas
United States

"Yep, that turns gray with age too."

20 Feb 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Come on, guys, let �s have some more captions!

Here �s mine: Oh, just a little something to tickle your fancy.  (if it sounds rude, it isn �t!... I don �t think...) 

20 Feb 2018     

Cariboo
France

Look ! Forrest Gump has forgotten his feather ...

21 Feb 2018     

spinney
United Kingdom

"I believe it used to belong on the Presidents head although, in the end, it was dismissed as "fake news."
(Sorry! )  

21 Feb 2018     

Jayho
Australia

MM huffed
and puffed
while examining
the white tuft 

Quite chuffed
she snuffed
"it is merely
some cruft"