Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Where is the effort? Where is the "personal touch"?    

Where is the effort? Where is the "personal touch"?

frenchfrog
France

Where is the effort? Where is the "personal touch"?

WHERE IS THE EFFORT????
PLEASE, GIVE THE LINK!!!

It is so easy to copy a picture from the net and paste it into a Word document without adding anything else!!! Many members work hard to provide ACTIVITIES, and not just pretty pictures. This is very frustrating for all these hardworking teachers. Please, try to understand.

11 Mar 2009      

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

A frame, a border or a single drawing is not an ESL resource.
 This website is not a clipart collection!!!!
Thanks to everyone who leaves a simple comment on such worksheets:
"It is not an ESL resourse!"

11 Mar 2009     

cgato
Portugal

Hi!

Sorry frenchfrog Embarrassed .  Victoria places such beautiful images, and i saw the link on this one and I hurried to take a look. Very nice !!!Smile So many great gifs! Can we use it for free Victoria?

Again sorry frenchfrog. It �s not very nice to get in the middle of a topic with a comment that has nothing to do with it. But the gifs are really great LOL

Now seriously, you are right frenchfrog! I �m not a bad person so maybe you can call me naive. But there are so many people here working with so little resources that maybe, just maybe, they can �t look for useful things using the net. If people dowload these type of ws is because in some way they are useful to them. I know about copyright laws, but it is helping isn �t it? ( OK now it�s the moment that you are thinking "she must be retarded Big smile")

Maybe if there was a place here where we could post useful sites, with a small description and we all contributed in making the list longer...? I don�t know... maybe these type of ws wouldn �t be downloaded and teachers with less experience could be helped!!

A really big hug from shinning (at last) PortugalHug

11 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

There is absolutely no reason for you to be sorry, cgato!! Victoria �s animated gifs are always great! Thumbs Up

I don �t call copying and pasting a pretty picture without adding a single activity work.
Sometimes I think that some teachers prefer decorating their classroom to teaching English....
It is so great to have freebies!!!

11 Mar 2009     

cgato
Portugal

You right: this is not an activity. And that �s that!!!

What I was saying is that if teachers need these type of drawings, we could suggest Victor a place where links are placed. And others with free clipart, free ws, etc... When another user gives some links as tips I save the links, but I don �t logg in everyday so I must miss many!

Maybe this would prevent so many uploads of ws we can get or free!!

great hug

11 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

In the last couple of days people have been giving us wonderful sites that we can download from - for free. 

Some really stupid people think that they are the only ones to investigate those sights and they assmume we won �t recognize the wss that they ARE CALLING THEIR OWN.

I just saw at least 3 such pages roll by on "the free for today" board.

WISE UP GUYS  - YOU ARE MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES.

11 Mar 2009     

source
Turkey

Frenchfrog as usual you are right...and i totally agree with you....i had shared my grammar guide worksheets on if clauses and passive....But i had wasted my time....ı must also prefer to share this kind of pics....Cry

11 Mar 2009     

mfatimacorte
Portugal

That�s true!    I share the some opinion!    Most people prefer the pictures ,even without any interesting content, to other ones which are rich.

Some days ago someone said. "not everybody likes what the most do".

I usually download many interesting works without pictures.

It doesn�t mean I don�t like these ones either.

11 Mar 2009