Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD - 2019    

WOD - 2019

spinney
United Kingdom

WOD - 2019

Thank you Lynne for choosing my entry way back in 2018.
Right! The WOD is the following:

Bumfuzzle

Try and keep it clean. 
I�ll announce the winner next weekend. Have fun! 

6 Jan 2019      

Grade3Educator
South Africa

I am totally confused... Hehehe. Does it mean: to confuse? :-) Wendy

6 Jan 2019     

FrauSue
France

I am sitting here in my study which hasn�t been hoovered for months, so I think that bumfuzzle is the fuzzy, fluffy balls of hairy dust that gather in the corners of unhoovered rooms.
There is lots of grey bumfuzzle nestling under my desk right now! 

6 Jan 2019     

MoodyMoody
United States

Bumfuzzle is obviously a reference to the disheveled beard growth of a voluntarily-homeless man.

Bum: lazy man who doesn�t want to work
Fuzz: hairy texture 

6 Jan 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Bumfuzzle is a non-alcoholic drink made from mock rum (bum), fizzy water, and a cherry.

6 Jan 2019     

douglas
United States

The German word Fusel (pronounced "foozle") best translates to "rotgut" (poor-quality and potentially toxic alcoholic liquor) in English and, as already mentioned in this thread, "bum" in AE refers to a vagrant/transient person.

So if you visit areas of the USA that are rooted in German settlements (e.g. Chicago) you will surely see shops in the slums that keep their "bumfuzzle" on the shelves at eye level to best catch the eye of their primary customers. Whereas in the "nicer" areas of the city you find the bumfuzzle on the bottom shelf or relabeled and over-priced on the top shelf where the "good stuff" belongs.

7 Jan 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It�s a genus.A very specific breed of bumble bea, the bumfuzzle bumble bea, commonly known as the red-arsty. The reason is, it has very pronounced fuzzle on its bum. 

7 Jan 2019     

maryse pey�
France

Hey ! Haven�t you ever attended a BUMpy FUZZy LEsson ?

It�s a very particular type of lesson : you must have a very high sense of rhythm because you will have to make music on a fuzzy drum to teach young geese to dance enough to lose their fuzz to produce a pillow each !

This job, BUMFUZZLE, is very well paid because this gift is not given to all ! I know that because we were a lot to apply for the job last week !

7 Jan 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh no! besides the bumfuzzle bumble bea, there is another meaning. It is the literature put out by a dating agency!
Bumf =  useless or tedious printed material
Uzz uzz = men who hustle
Bumfuzzle is the collective name for their adverts. 

@maryse LOLThumbs Up

8 Jan 2019     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Members:

Bumfuzzle

This refers to the

British Universities Modern French Undergraduates, ZZ, Le.

Or, as they say in French: 

Le British Universities Modern French Undergraduates, ZZ.

It is a University Society, whose French-speaking Members sleep all the way through Lectures, in French.

Les Douglas 

10 Jan 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yikes Les, I�m a member of that, too! Je bumfuzzle, nous deux, nous bumfuzzlons! Vous, le bumfuzzleur, et moi, la bumfuzzleuse! C�est joli, n�est-ce pas???

10 Jan 2019     

1    2    Next >