Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cliparts for teaching    

Cliparts for teaching

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Cliparts for teaching

ESL teachers love visuals. Of course we do! I notice that worksheets featuring a picture are always popular. Just to remind people, one way  to access wonderful ESL visuals is pinterest. Just type in what you want e.g. pictures for present continuous tense - a favourite of mine Here�s what I got when I searched house clipart.

Lynne  
PS - has something distorted the forum, or is it just my computer?  

22 Feb 2019      

karagozian
France

Thanks a million !

22 Feb 2019     

Elina21
Greece

Thank you very much for your suggestion! It�s very useful!

22 Feb 2019     

melahel7
Canada

My favourite websites to find open domain cliparts (which means entirely free for both personal and commercial use) are
clker.com , openclipart.org and pixabay.  

22 Feb 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Yes, Lynne there is still something wrong with the forum, not your computer, although sometimes it works well... So I don�t have a clue what it could be...
Thanks for the tip you gave us! 
Aisha  

22 Feb 2019     

Cariboo
France

Thanks for the tips Lynne. This is amazing !

23 Feb 2019     

valodra
France

Hello,
Thank you for the links, Lynne, but�;-) I�m going to tell you about what has just happened to me ; I do not go to many sites, except this one & an other one�& I usually have fun doing the quizzes or other fun stuff - ie : I very often click on the links posted on the Forum.
To my ( big ! ) surprise, I have discovered that some are actually paying sites - even if they do not mention it ! ( which is illegal, of course!). I have been charged ( Internet contract ) : 1 second = 2 euros !!! Can you imagine ?
I know we have to be careful about that kind of sites, but I AM :-S. Soooooo, from now on, I�m not going to do the quizzes, for ex..Of course, Pinterest has nothing to do with this, but I thought I should warn people, esp. French colleagues using operators such as orange or SFR or even Bouigues : Be very careful and check that your contract has NOT an Internet+ or Contract+ ticked - ( they usually tick it without your consent or even knowing about it ; my case :-S ) which means YOU agree to pay on visiting certain sites..What I do not understand is the fact that I�ve been doing this for ..eons! �& it is the very first time I�ve had to pay...Don�t ask me Why : I�m not a geek ! ;-))) ( But an ICT teacher friend of mine told me some "policies" about the Internet have changed recently :-S.....and "we" cannot do anything about it ! ie : you can be charged without knowing...
Sorry about this "sad" news. I hope it can be useful for some of you ;-))
Have a great weekend!
Val 

23 Feb 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

wow!! Valodra! Thanks so much for your advice. However I guess the sites must have previously your visa numbre or something, am I right?
Anyway, no matter what you are asked it is better always proceed with caution when surffing on the Internet. 
Have a great Sunday 
Aisha ;) 

23 Feb 2019     

valodra
France

Hello A�sha,
Of course not ! These sites have NEVER had any information about me - & of course no visa or bank card number ; That�s the BIG problem, you see ? They are "just" paying sites, and your surfing on them is charged via your Internet account / contract , without your knowing it ! edit : When you get your Internet bill, you can see you have been charged, because of what I explained in my firt message...
. That�s why I was desperate : I didn�t know about this !
I�m not "that" stupid ;-))) I wouldn�t post a message if these sites had had my bank information ;-)  ;-)))

Now, I do not know about Internet operators in the world, not even Europe - I just know about the French ones ( but we are in Europe, you & me, aren�t we ??? ;-)))  I just do not know if this has to do with European rules�????
I�m just "warning� you, friends! ;-)))
Have a great Sunday too,
Val 
edit : European "lack " of rules - as far as Internet is concerned . 
- if I may. ;-))
edit2 : Sorry, Lynne ! I�m spoiling your nice post :-((( - I thought it was important �.

23 Feb 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

I see... Then this is a big issue, and to tell you the truth, I don�t know if it happened to me as well, I might have a look...
God! Life is getting harder each day, Internet is great as an information source, but at the same time Internet swindlers (and now with the new law not swindlers) can get money out of you for nothing and we are helpless...

A big kiss to all of you, specially to Lynne whose post we have spoiled...
Pinterest however is great (I think). We should read all the information from the sites we access to, and I know well they are tough, anyway: 

Lynne, sorry  

edit: Valodra, I never meant to call you stupid, friend, I am sorry for the post if it made you think so...

23 Feb 2019     

valodra
France

...Sorry, Lynne. I DID spoil your post . ( not meant to ! :-S )
@A�sha : never thought you found it stupid...Gee! I�ll have to�" write" in  English better than I do ! ;-))) + , dear A�sha, it�s not a problem of "reading" : these sites just DO NOT mention they are paying sites. Do you get the idea ?? ;-))
BUT, girls, my clicking on links here has cost me an arm !
Val 

23 Feb 2019     

1    2    3    Next >