Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > International Women īs day school show    

International Women īs day school show

MotivatedTeacher
Morocco

International Women īs day school show

Hello dear colleague! Do you celebrate International Womenīs day at school? How Suggest any activities Thanks

5 Mar 2019      

redcamarocruiser
United States

I would suggest asking the students to do interviews and then perform them in front of the class.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqrDJJJMuYo is a video that has some questions to inspire the project.

Or maybe you could have a most inspirational woman pagent. The students research a famous woman and dress up as her. Then they introduce their character to the class. Then the class votes on the most inspirational woman: the woman who made the greatest contribution to society, the woman who had the most interesting life, and you should create several more categories so that there are several prizes for several characters (most innovative, hardest working, most admired, woman who caused the most social change, the woman who made the greatest impact on history or society, etc).

Or you could have the students pick a woman they admire and make a construction paper profile of her, Then hang the profiles around the classroom for decoration.  The students can attach a short list of important facts about their favorite woman or a short report about her life and major accomplishments.  You can also have the students present their chosen woman to the class using the profile they made as a prop to represent her.

You can choose a list of famous women yourself and write their names on the board, one at a time. The students have to see how many words they can make out of each womanīs name  One name issued for each round of the game. The person or team that creates the most words wins.

I donīt know the ages of your students or if your school has technology, but my students loved making powerpoints to display and present topics they had researched.  

Students may also like to perform a skit or play about an inspirational woman. This link has an example of a skit that you could maybe adapt or use as a springboard to get ideas. I liked the idea of the students each coming up to the mic and speaking as the woman they were portraying. https://www.uua.org/worship/words/script/skit-famous-uu-women

A very simple activity would be to have the students make a crown for themselves and write the name of their most admired woman on the crown.  Then they tell the class some interesting facts about their favorite woman while they are wearing the crown.

The students could make a greeting card thanking a woman who has been helpful to them in their lives: a favorite teacher, aunt, their mother, grandmother, neighbor, etc.

--Mary 

6 Mar 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

Got it!

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. More info

Mary, this is just wonderful!!
such a great paragraph full of material! Thanks loads, it wanīt for me, but it is amazing...
;) Aisha 
TO ALL WOMEN HERE: HAVE A GREAT DAY TODAY! AND BE PROUD OF BEING A WOMAN!! 

7 Mar 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Thanks for your kind words, Aisha, Happy Womenīs day to you, too.

7 Mar 2019     

MotivatedTeacher
Morocco

Thanks dear Mary and Aicha for your inyetesting suggestions.They will be of good use for me next yearīs International Womenīs day. Actually, We celebrated the day by poems,a play,public speaking giving tribute to Famous women in my country, and a song about mothers. It was a good show that our audiance enjoyed very much! I thank you again for your replay. Hugs Laila

13 Mar 2019