Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Translator    

Translator

douglas
United States

Translator

Hi All,

Deepl has cut my translation times in half, so I just want to share the wealth. I can�t say how it is with other languages, but for German-English it is unbelievable. 

I know this sounds like an ad/spam, but I have no stake in the company--I promise--it has just impressed me that much (I don�t impress too easily).

Here�s an article that gives its background:

Cheers,
Douglas

2 Apr 2019      

spinney
United Kingdom

Yep, Douglas is right! It�s actually pretty good. And being the mature and responsible adult I am, I would never use it to translate swearwords into different languages. 

2 Apr 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It�s great - fast, and the alternatives come up at the same time. @ Dale, of course not! 

Lynne 

2 Apr 2019     

karagozian
France

English French as well ! Not SPAM at all !

2 Apr 2019     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Great for me, I make worksheets in four languages . I�ll check it out today. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

wowo! I gave it a try and actually it�s awesome for Spanish! I tried with some Spanish idioms and yep! It knows well the idioms, fantastic!!
Thanks Douglas!

2 Apr 2019     

Engteachar
Argentina

Thanks for sharing!!!

2 Apr 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I tried it too and it is great!

2 Apr 2019     

EstherLee76
Peru

I always loved the Linguee dictionary.  When I studied translation in the 90s they couldn�t conceive of this.  Here we are.

3 Apr 2019     

FrauSue
France

Thanks for this link - the site looks great! This will be really useful for me. I love the fact that you are given different options for your translations.

4 Apr 2019     

Cariboo
France

Terrific !  Adopted straight away ! Thanks for this very useful info Douglas. You are blessed for generations !

6 Apr 2019     

1    2    Next >