Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What are they doing? Correction of my yesterday ´s ws!!    

What are they doing? Correction of my yesterday ´s ws!!

Aisha77
Spain

What are they doing? Correction of my yesterday ´s ws!!

Hi to everyone!
I made some mistakes writing the rules in yesterday�s ws.
Please forgive me, just I had a really bad day. Here the correction:

LITTBig smileLE RULE:

If the verb ends in �e�, drop the �e� and add -ING (take > takING)

If the verb ends in ONE vowel + ONE consonant, double the consonant and add ING (swim > swimMING)

The ONE syllable verbs that end in ONE consonant +ONE vowel + ONE consonant, double the final consonant and add ING (never double "w, x, y") (play > playING)

As you see I deleted the rule concerning the "Y", it doesn�t apply to ING ending. On the other hand, the verb "to ski" never had a "Y", my mistake since young! 
SORRY for all the inconveniences I am causing all of you....
I always say I will check twice before posting, but UPS! 
Best wishes to all
Aisha ;) 

10 Apr 2019      

valodra
France

Hello Aïsha :-D
 No problem - you will be forgiven for your "litle " ( little ? ) rule  ; +...I love your verb " to sky " ! 
You are not causing ANY inconveniences - but sharing  great ws ;-))
Thank you anyway for telling us ! You rock !  
Val 

11 Apr 2019     

karagozian
France

You work too much dear Aisha ! No pb for us. Go on like this. For the community you are a great person.

12 Apr 2019     

spinney
United Kingdom

I concur with the sentiments of my Gallic colleagues, who, I am sure, speak for the vast majority of the members of this site. You are one in a million, Aisha! 
Personally, when I see that there is a mistake in one of my worksheets, I normally sneak back and update the offending document a few days later and hope nobody notices. 
BTW, if anybody does notice a mistake in one of my worksheets, please tell me. 

13 Apr 2019