Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD    

WOD

cunliffe
United Kingdom

WOD

Thank you dear Aisha, for choosing my entry and also for posting an image to illustrate it.

Here is your new WOD and we need some eccentric, crazy, wildly unbelievable, mildly unbelievable, highly believable daffynitions. It�s a real word that I found here: (so no looking until after the winner is declared!)

The word, my friends, is  WOOFITS

26 Apr 2019      

maryse pey�
France

Whooooo will fit my next meal ? the wolf says anxiously.
So WOOFITS is to design people - dare I say CANNIBALS ? - (and wolves able to speak) worrying - endlessly - for a meal.

26 Apr 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I nearly went for �sitooterie�, which I found elsewhere. If almaz is still around, he might know this one.

26 Apr 2019     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Woofits are outfits that wow everybody.

26 Apr 2019     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Woofits is one of three classes of dogs, as agreed by the Kennel Club.

WOOFITS; KARPITS; and FLEAPITS.

WOOFITS are plain, smooth-haired dogs such as Greyhounds.

KARPITS, as the name suggests, have a thick, patterned, carpet-like coat, such as Dalmations.

FLEAPITS have a very rough, thick, curly coat, which can be a problem. If you own a FLEAPIT, you will know which breed it is!

Les Douglas 

26 Apr 2019     

Aisha77
Spain

It�s the short term for "Woof it!"
When you have a tremendous dog in front of you, you better don�t woof it!
;) 

26 Apr 2019     

glutenfree
Poland

WOOFITS-Top Quality Grey Wolf Boots For Women

� 100% Wolfskin Leather

� 100% Walf Fur

� One size fits most

26 Apr 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

A woofit is the alarm component, which sounds like a guard dog barking, in state of the art home security systems.

26 Apr 2019     

spinney
United Kingdom

Unfortunately, all of the aforementioned are wrong. "Woofits" is a common swearword in East Anglia.
If you wander around any East Anglian town for long enough, eventually you will hear somebody shouting "OH WOOFITS!" because something has gone wrong.  

27 Apr 2019     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Another meaning for woofits: It is the short form for inwoofitis, analogous to flu being short for influenza.

27 Apr 2019     

FrauSue
France

A woofit is a silly, accident-prone ghost, kind of like an incompetent poltergeist.

28 Apr 2019     

1    2    Next >