Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Pronouns board game    

Pronouns board game

gizmogwai
United Kingdom

Pronouns board game

Hi

I recently made a set of worksheets for teaching pronouns.

I �ve had problems reducing the file size. I compress pictures but still can �t get all my worksheets to go under 300kb. I �ve split my bingo cards into 2 downloads (shame because I was only over by about 20kb) and I haven �t been able to upload my other worksheet or board game :)

Does anyone have any suggestions for reducing file size. I �ve compressed images, used a file compression program called NX Power Lite. Does anyone know of a more efficient software program?

The only other thing I can think of is getting rid of some of the images and replacing them with text.... How would you guys feel about a board game that �s half and half pics/text rather than majority pics?

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded my stuff the last few days. In the meantime, please PM me if you want the board game or other worksheet and I can email it to you :)

12 Mar 2009      

libertybelle
United States

I use that NX Powerlite too.  But what I did find out, that might help, is
to start a whole new Word sheet and copy and paste all your images and texts. It seems when you work on Word for a while, it just keeps getting "heavier". I did this the other day and suddenly my worksheet was might "lighter".

Another method I got from Katiana was to copy the whole page of images and upload it into a paint program. Save it as a JPG and insert it into an empty new page.
This reduces the size too and your images won �t move all over the place.Then you can add text boxes, if needed and write.

Hope this helps
L

12 Mar 2009     

susie13
Hungary

Try �VSO Image Resizer � pr. You can download it for free. I found it very efficient.

12 Mar 2009     

marinka_kalinka
Russian Federation

Photoshop, Cartoonist, Windows Image Resize and others. There are plenty of them. You could try gathering 2 or more pics in 1. For instance, if some pics are supposed to be near each other in your ws, and then make it as one, then convert it to a background above which you could paste some text.

12 Mar 2009     

gizmogwai
United Kingdom

Many Thanks for your kind suggestions :) I shall be trying them all :)

12 Mar 2009     

wolfy
Chile

...if all else fails remove the images and replace them with links to images on the net.

12 Mar 2009     

gizmogwai
United Kingdom

Thanks again everyone :)

I �m so pleased I �ve joined this community. It �s wonderful.

Also an extra  special thank you to Dedicated Teacher who helped me :)

13 Mar 2009