Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Being a volunteer    

Being a volunteer

Elbi
Portugal

Being a volunteer

Hello!
I need to teach the topic "Volunteering" and I would like suggestions how to do it. I have made some research.
Are there any lessons plan? Texts? Worksheets?

Thank you very much.
See you soon.
Elbi 

13 Oct 2019      

maryse pey�
France

13 Oct 2019     

hananemim
Morocco

Good morning,
Concerning this topic, I have decided to do a visit to an orphanage. The students and I looked for engaging and interactive games, then we had a donation campaign in the school where other students donated their toys, clothes, shoes...

For money, of course asking the students to give money isn�t really a good idea so we had a food stand where they sold what they made and that money was used to buy some gifts for the orphans.

Then we chose one day during the week where I took my students to visit them and we spent the whole day with them, they learned so much from the staff who have been working there for years. The students were in charge of playing games with them and giving them their gifts. It was a great opportunity for them to learn by doing. They learnt about what they need to be grateful for and also that we need to help other.

Hope that helped! Good luck and if you want me to send you some games we used, let me know: [email protected].

Have a good day!!  

14 Oct 2019     

Elbi
Portugal

Thank you so much for your help.
Great ideas! 

14 Oct 2019     

hananemim
Morocco

Hope it goes well 

15 Oct 2019     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Elbi

You will find some useful resources here 

I use these discussion questions with my class, and we volunteer for two hours at a local community centre just to experience it.  Some students then continue on volunteering at that community centre or explore other volunteer opportunities.

Cheers

Jayho 

15 Oct 2019