Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Games / Worksheets to practice question words    

Games / Worksheets to practice question words

lisa jayne
Denmark

Games / Worksheets to practice question words

I have found some great work sheets for practising question words, but would like some ideas for practising them in speech... Any suggestions?

Have a good weekend everyone, and thanks for being a part of this inspiring site!

Lisa Jayne :-)

13 Mar 2009      

Tere-arg
Argentina

What about a role play activity?

The most common one is the interview: a journalist and a famous star, two students on a train,  to get a place somewhere, to join a club, etc

I usually take profit of this exchange making them take notes to do some  kind of writing as homework.

Hope it helps.

13 Mar 2009     

-eva
Spain

Hi lisa jayne!

I would sugest an exercise of the kind : Find someone who... There are many in resource pack books, or esle, you can make it up yourself, maybe, adapted to your students � level, or the topics you �re currently seeing in class.
CU   Smile
Eva

13 Mar 2009     

ameliarator
United States

One fun activity for question words is the party game, "Who am I?"

There are a couple different ways to play, so here �s one of them.
One person is in the "hot seat" in front of the board, but facing the class (so he or she can �t see the board.) �The teacher writes the name of a famous person or character (for example Batman, Michael Jackson, etc.) on the board behind the student. �That student must asked questions (where am I from? what is my job? who am I married to? etc.) to guess who they "are" (the name on the board.) �It can be pretty funny.

My contribution to the interview idea is to have students choose the one person they would most like to interview and write the questions they would ask that person, then work in pairs with one of them pretending to be the celebrity/hero for the other.

It took me a while to come up with fun question word activities, but now I think it �s a fun topic. �I hope you enjoy teaching it!

13 Mar 2009     

lisa jayne
Denmark

Thanks for your help!!!!

13 Mar 2009