Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with power point.     

Help with power point.

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@ Monique: Hey, I once did a worksheet: which is the best snack, apples or potato crisps? and I managed to find arguments in favour of apples!!! Ridiculous nonsense. And what are you on about - power points are much easier to make than all the amazing wss you produce! 
@Bruce, erm, ferrets are nice enough, at a safe distance, but erm, they pong!  Stinky ferrets and they bite you!  Whereas, as we know, cats are perfect angels. 

27 Mar 2020     

karagozian
France

@lynne Send me a tuto ! Maybe you could contaminate me. I hate this world of confinement.

27 Mar 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@Monique, I will finish this ppt later today and email it to you. I hope you will take the challenge and maybe add some slides? And a few cliparts? The reason I am preparing it is for my colleagues at school, although of course I will upload it here as it�s a joint effort. The way GCSE is taught in the UK really lends itself to the use of power point. I don�t know any mainstream teachers who don�t use powerpoint. 
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.I am using them all, even ferrets: for and against. 
 Lynne
Edit: It might be tomorrow, I hate deadlines.Wink
Powerpoints for: focuses the class�s attention; bright and colourful at no cost as they don�t have to be printed; there is animation, so points can fly in; fully editable; variety of layouts available. Against: can be boring if every lesson is presented via powerpoint. 

28 Mar 2020     

FrauSue
France

How about:

Having long hair (for women)
FOR: You can style it different ways; it stops the back of your neck getting sunburned; it�s considered more traditionally attractive 
AGAINST: It needs different products to take care of it (shampoo, conditioner); it�s time-consuming to brush and style; it can get tangled easily

School uniforms
FOR: Easy to choose your clothes in the morning; you feel professional and ready to work; it avoids bullying because of not having fashionable clothes
AGAINST: It suppresses pupils� individuality; often the styles or materials are uncomfortable; if it gets damaged or dirty you don�t have a choice of anything else to wear

Learning a foreign language (controversial...)
FOR: You can get to know many more people; you have access to information in different languages and so see different points of view; it may help to stave off dementia 
AGAINST: AI translators are getting more and more efficient; it can be very hard work to remember lots of new vocabulary; we should be travelling less anyway to protect the environment

28 Mar 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you, FrauSue, it is much easier for me to copy these arguments onto my powerpoint than trawl through and plagiarise the work of karagozian. 
That�s a joke but the thank you is very genuine. I�m up to slide 23. My job now is to go through and insert a task on every slide. 
Thanks again, any more are very welcome!
Lynne  

28 Mar 2020     

karagozian
France

Why not. That could boost my morale which is rather down with this covid thing. It�s my son�s birthday today. He lives 15 minutes from our place. Couldn�t see a glimpse of him because of the confinement. A bit hard. Though i shouldn�t complain as so many people have to struggle through hardships. And what about FOR or AGAINST covid tests. Oh i feel that i am gliding into slippery areas. I am for JOINT work. And not joints. Sunny uncontaminated hugs Lynne. Don�t forget to wash your hands with soap. I still have loads.

28 Mar 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

These are hard times, strange times. I�m sorry you couldn�t see your son on his birthday Monique. I think this has caught us all unawares - we are just not prepared for this kind of thing. Our lives have not been interrupted by anything like this for such a long time.... Anyways I am sick to death of my ppt now , so I will pick it up again after a breather of a few days. I�m sending it to you now. Notice the animations - the tasks fly in! That is about the limit of my expertise with ppts! I am a technophobe. 
We have no eggs or bread, but trying to get by. Still have a good few bottles of vino rosso and prosecco, thank god.  
 Take care, stay safe,
Lynne  
Edit: Oh, soap! Can you remember when your dear brother-in-law sent me huge quantities of his marvellous products, including huge bars of soap??? I was overwhelmed. 

28 Mar 2020     

karagozian
France

Impatient to see qnd discover. Make my own bread now. Sipped a glass of vodka. Mmmmm Of course I remember Waiting to see your expertise. Might try to follow you.

28 Mar 2020     

redcamarocruiser
United States

https://www.englishclub.com/speaking/agreeing-disagreeing-topics.htm Here are some more topics if more are needed.

28 Mar 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@Mary, that�s a brillioant link, thank you. I�m sorted. 
Lynne 

29 Mar 2020     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >