Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How do I contact administrators    

How do I contact administrators

yaaahhoo
Czech Republic

How do I contact administrators

Dear colleagues!
Could you please help me with advise.
My powerpoint was reported as scanned though it wasn�t.
It is said to contact administrators if it is a mistake, so I replied to the account which I got the message from.
I proved it with screenshots of my materials.
There is no reply yet. I didn�t find any other contact information, do they just ignore me? :)
Also there is a threat "if you go on breaking the rules of our site..."
I care just about my access to the site, surely I want to share my materials, but if the good ones are being reported without any reason, I just don�t know what to do. 

Do you happen to be in the same situation? How did you cope with it?

Thank you in advance! 

30 Jun 2020      

douglas
United States

1 Jul 2020     

karagozian
France

As a moderator amongst many others I do not remember why your ppt was reported. I personally do not make or download them.
What I do remember is that you mistakingly reported at least two ws  for the reason that they had watermarks. Those WERE NOT watermarks. So, you see, this sort of thing happens.
I would advice you not to bother the webmaster with such a tiny weenie little problem. Just overlook your work and the rules carefully and reupload your work.
Monique

1 Jul 2020     

kohai
Latvia

Of course, Karagozian meant to say "watermarked CLIPART". Yesterday, you also reported one worksheet as "a copy from the book: clearly scanned." It was NOT scanned. It was fully editable and you should have checked it before reporting. Unfortunately, the worksheet was removed, the same as those two, mentioned by Karagozian. 

I can�t comment on your ppt because I don�t know anything about it. I�m sorry to hear that it has been removed. 

Don�t wait for the reply from the "robot" - from the address that sends out automatically generated messages. You may try to contact the administrator of ESLPrintables using the address provided by Douglas. But keep in mind that he runs two huge websites with thousands (if not millions) of users, he is still working hard on different improvements on the other site, so you can easily imagine that he has much more important problems to cope with than your or my ppt. 

Maybe we should not sit in a queue and wait for the doctor to take a splinter out of the finger if we can do it on our own? Yes, it�s unpleasant. Yes, it�s painful. But it�ll be done and start to heal faster. I suggest that you take Monique�s advice. She is a great and VERY experienced member. Guess - how many points does she have in her account?

I wish you all the best,
kohai 

1 Jul 2020     

douglas
United States

Lighten-up ladies!

Having one�s contribution removed (or even reported) is a traumatic experience, let�s show some heart. This is not a time for pointing fingers, vengeance, or passive aggressive comments. We are all living through stressful times at the moment and the forum is not the place to vent it.

As a nearly 12-year member of eslprintables, I know know how hard me, Victor, and many others have worked to keep this forum a happy place where we can go without fear of attack, mockery, or other negativity. We should always try to consider the other�s feelings in all situations and if you can�t keep it positive, take it somewhere else.

Yaaahhoo has a credible question and her concern deserves to be addressed. That she has mistakenly reported other worksheets has nothing to do with it.  She has every right to contact Victor and none of us should be trying to play "hall monitor" and keep her from doing so.

Don�t be childish, try to display a little compassion in these trying times please.

Douglas

1 Jul 2020     

karagozian
France

Dear Douglas,

I do not think we are childish, certainly not Ruta. And both full of compassion, even during these tough times.

A nice day to all of you.

1 Jul 2020     

douglas
United States

I agree that Kohai showed some compassion. But I always find using a tuo quoque type argument to be childish.

1 Jul 2020     

kohai
Latvia

You are correct, Douglas. Thank you for your post. 

I apologize if I have hurt someone� s feelings. 

As a moderator, I find seeing unfairly reported and removed worksheets "traumatic", and the aim of my post was to say "Please, please, PLEASE don�t report without checking!" And, if you�re not certain, DO NOT report. Otherwise, you may do more harm than good.

1 Jul 2020     

yaaahhoo
Czech Republic

Dear colleagues,
Thanks a lot for your concern and answers!

I�ll start with comment about my recent reports.
Usually I do not report about anyone�s worksheets at all - I find it encouraging in itself that teachers bother to share their materials.
But when I got this problem, I did wonder how the system works and reported about some worksheets. I didn�t realize that my reports were unfair, thank you for clarifying - I�ll definitely double check it!

I�m also very grateful for the moderators who commented here.

Dear Monique, I never wanted to "bother the webmaster with such a tiny weenie little problem."
I do appreciate the work that webmasters do and was trying to find out information about the system before writing here. Unfortunately, I had some difficulties with that, so thank you for your help and advice.

It is my second worksheet that has been reported.
The first one did contain some Russian in additional boxes (it could be replaced with any other language or deleted), so I corrected it to meet the requirements and published it again, and it worked out.

I would not bother this time (even if it is unfair) if it were just a removal without threats =)
My main concern is the warning about the dire consequences of breaking the rules.
Surely I can upload my worksheet again, but that would be a pity if my membership on this site is mistakenly cancelled.

Douglas, Kohai - thank you very much for your profound, tactful and kind comments.
I got it what I need to do in such cases. It is really good to have support from such experienced team.

Have a nice day
Elena

1 Jul 2020     

kohai
Latvia

Hats off to you, Elena! If you have managed to survive our firing without taking any offence, you�re ready to become a great member of this wonderful website. Welcome! 

1 Jul 2020     

karagozian
France

Yeah hats off to Elena and Kohai.

Really sorry if I hurt anyone. I was certainly sort of clumsy or akward. 

Do not take it badly.

Hope to see you soon on the site.

Monique

1 Jul 2020     

1    2    Next >